back to article Survey scammers offer fake Doctor Who clips

Miscreants are exploiting interest in the season finale of Doctor Who by posting fake episode clips, spoilers and dubious download offers. Credulous fans who follow links supposedly offering footage from the upcoming Big Bang episode, due to screen on BBC on Saturday (26 June), are invited to fill out a quiz in order to " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Winkypop Silver badge
    WTF?

Who would fall for that?

Who

2. david willis
    Thumb Up

Make it a story line

Just get the BBC to create a Dr Who episode, threat based round evil aliens and a popular TV program, evil people getting you to download stuff etc etc.. Soon get the sci fi fans alert..

3. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Or alternatively

Wait until bloody Saturday FFS. I'm assuming these are the same people who are at this second queuing down Oxford St in the blistering heat in the hope of getting one of the last iPhones. Can see them from my nice air-conditioned office window. Ahhh....

4. Number6

It doesn't matter

None of us will have existed after Saturday. Perhaps that's why the French and Italians arranged to leave South Africa early, so they can spend their final few hours with their families.

What? You mean Dr Who isn't real?

5. Anonymous John

Malware free spoiler.

Deus ex machina.

Anti-climax.

Sonic screwdriver.

Happy ending.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

These scammers fail.

They'd have got a lot more victims if, instead of teasing with the prospect of clips from the season finale, they teased with the prospect of clips of Amy in compromising positions of varying levels of undress.

Or is it just me who'd fall for that?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

No...

... I'd fall for that type of scam too, especially if she was suddenly sucked into the parallel dimension that Billy Piper resides in and the only way back involved some girl on girl action.

1. VinceH
        Pint

Okay, when is this episode going to be made?

And can I be in it?

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

GoG with Billie Piper?

Gawd no, what a thought. Madame de Pompadour, yes, but not Rose. Putting Piper into an alternate dimension was the best plot twist yet, although I am surprised the aliens kept her.

2. William Towle
      Joke

Re: the prospect of clips...

> of Amy in compromising positions of varying levels of undress

I think the scriptwriters have done enough of that already:

"If Amy Pond's skirts get any shorter there'll be two cracks in time and space for the Doctor to sort out next week" --Newsjack

(*snigger*)

7. Martin 49
    Coat

Umm.....

Didn't he let the dogs out?

8. Uncle Siggy
    Grenade

natural selection

So they've finally found an Innerwebs virus/scam that only effects the English. Elegant!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

English?

Given that Dr Who is a BBC Wales program I presume that it has some viewers there too. Or are you suggesting that only english viewers are stupid enough to fall for this scam?

This topic is closed for new posts.