back to article Nokia seeks distant parents to test Story Visit

Nokia is looking for parents interested in testing its Story Visit service, which aims to enable parents separated by distance to share the reading experience with their kids. We might not want to make video calls from our mobile phones, but parents do seem to like seeing their kids as well as just talking to them. Now Nokia …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lionel Baden
    Thumb Up

hmmm

Not a bad idea to be hohnest

I would never want to use one myself let alone get myself into a situation that would entail such a solution.

But for people who are stuck in this situation this is a better than nothing aproach and thumbs up to nokia for having the balls for giving it a go.

Good luck to them and i hope it succseeds just for the few people it will really make a difference too.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Great idea....

...does it survive being thrown across the room in a tatrum.

If not, no good for a 2 year old...

3. Mage Silver badge

Parents?

Grandparents?

4. kjl_nokia

Just to clarify...

Full disclosure: I work in Nokia comms....The Story Visit research project comes from Nokia Research Center (NRC), Palo Alto, California. We get to see many cool things from developers in the Calling All Innovators contest. But this one, comes from Nokia in collaborative research with Sesame Workshop.

It comes from an initial research project with Sesame Workshop called Family Story. Also using the furry Elmo character, the Family Story research project can be found here:

http://research.nokia.com/projects/storyplay. Thanks ~karen

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like