back to article Clive Sinclair weds ex-lap-dancer fiancee

Sir Clive Sinclair has married his lapdancer fiance Angie Bowness in a Las Vegas ceremony. The pair married at the Civil Court in Las Vegas while staying at the Bellagio Hotel, after a ten year on-off relationship, the Daily Mail reports. Asked about the 36-year age difference between them 69-year old Sinclair said: "It's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jelliphiish
    Paris Hilton

i see your Sinclaire..

and raise you a Cleese

paris trumps all others..

2. LuMan
    Thumb Up

Get in!!

You've really got to hand it to this bloke. A veritable GOD in home computing circles (as well as various invention and poker circles) who winds up with a lap dancer half his age.

I raise my glass, my ZX80 and issue#1 of Sinclair User to Sir Clive and say "the geek done well".

1. The First Dave Silver badge
      Boffin

@LuMan

Except that he didn't - he had a couple of good ideas at the right time, which gave him a platform to make the UK a world leader in home computing, (much like Alan Sugar) and then completely stuffed it up.

2. Peter Mount
      Pint

Yes indeed

Just think when us 'Geeks' get into our 60's we'll all hope we have as much luck as he has ;-)

Good luck Sir Clive.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Health

No jogging for Sir Clive, he'll be following the recent Brazillian advice...

1. Anonymous Coward
        FAIL

@The First Dave

Getting made into Sir Clive is somehow means he "stuffed it up"?

4. Naughtyhorse
      FAIL

hmmm

one mans god anothers embarassing berk

takes all sorts i suppose

just a couple of quick questions...

personal computers... sinclair invention or IBM?

Digital watches... nippon economy's LCD model or sinclairs led's?

Audiophile electronics... sinclairs DIY crud, or just about anyone elses?

smal screen tv... massively overcomplex un-original folded crt, or lcd (again)

ridiculous plastic car anyone?... no didn't think so. then as now.

pillock.

sir clive reperesents everything that was ever wrong with thatchers britain. the only thing he;s top at is being second rate

1. Andus McCoatover
        Thumb Down

Isn't it marvellous..

..to have the benefit of hindsight.

I think, Squire, you're being a bit unfair to the bloke. "The man who never made a mistake, never made anything" springs to mind...

Wasn't the first steam train supposed to be pulled by a piston, vacuum-driven by a pipe along the track, sealed with leather*? (Steam powered the vacuum pumps)

Now that's an idea nowadays that wouldn't survive the aspirin/coffee hangover cure of a Friday night's "lads-night-out". Bleeding daft. But then...

Oh, is that 'Sir Naughtyhorse'? Thought not.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isambard_Kingdom_Brunel#Brunel.27s_.22atmospheric_caper.22

1. Naughtyhorse

not that veracity matters :D

the atmospheric system to which you refer was developed by IK Brunel (it was disucssed by others, but i believe his was the first passenger carrying system - not sure if anyone was earler) as a small part of the GWR. rail had been around for yonks at the time. -incidentally an atmospheric loco held the world land speed record for a long time (okay it was an accident when the load got decoupled, but nonetheless...)

SIr Naughtyhorse??? most certainly not, I lack the arrogance, inverted inferiority complex and cash to even consider a K

although if i did....

I have invented a time machine.

it wont do backwards in time until version 2.0 (just a few slight bugs)

it only goes forwards at time x1

it's available now for just £79.99

(delivery may take up to 18months)

now wheres that K i'm owed

yes i have just invented a box. the idea is you sit in it for an hour, say, and lo and behold you have traveled 1 hour into the future. and even worse if i make the box from low grade cardboard i get to screw a few more pence from the hapless morons who buy into it.

the 18 month delay is because all my manufacturing calcs are done using reverse polish notation :D

take my word for it, the emperor IS naked.

naked, bald and a pensioner <shiver>

3. Andy 97
    Thumb Up

Good work Clive!

Considering that most of the readers here are (more than likely) to conform to the "comic book store guy" or angry geek-nerd stereotype this fantastic news!

4. xeroks

how wrong can you be?

There was me thinking that Sir Clive had lost his mojo.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pah

Pics or it didn't happen.

6. Captain TickTock
    Paris Hilton

Damning with Faint Praise

"You can't tell from the pictures"

Indeed!

Paris, because pictures of her leave very little out.

7. Graham Bartlett

Funny that

"Amazingly attractive to women" and just *happens* to be a millionaire. Who'd've thought it? Sure it's a cliche, but it's a cliche for a reason - bcos there *are* plenty of shallow women who'll lie back and think of the money, and there *are* plenty of shallow rich blokes who don't really care whether she's just in it for the money or not. I'm not saying Bowness and Sinclair fit the bill, but there's an awful lot of similar couples who do.

8. Paul 4
    Thumb Up

Good on them

I wish them all the best.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Of course we can't see how attractive he is from his pictures

That's because his wallet is in his pocket.

Paris, because she knows all about what men keep in their pockets.

10. Juan Inamillion
    Thumb Up

"So tell me....

... what first attracted you to multi-millionaire Sir Clive Sinclair?"

Nah, lets not be churlish - good on 'em both.

11. Number6
    Joke

Off-colour

Let's hope his RAM pack doesn't wobble at a critial moment...

12. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

balding...

At least they didn't mention his wobbly ram pack. Anyway time to fire up his jet set willy for some peeking and poking...

.....ok I'll stop now.

13. Robert Marshall
    Coat

Yes I know

If only he had been Sir Clive Windermere then Bowness could have become his Lady Windermere's Fan (just across the lake).

14. jnewco81
    Thumb Up

Title

Just seen some pictures, and she is smokin'. Well done, Sinclair fella.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Men with beards

See? Your mother warned you about them.

16. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Happy

A great role model

to all balding ginger Scotsman of a certain age everywhere.

17. Nick

At least...

...Sinclair is famous for originality.

He probably wouldn't stoop to pinching an uncredited line from Mrs Merton (while interviewing Debbie McGee).

18. Quxy
    Pint

"Shockingly Bowness"?

I take it that would be the nom de scène she used during her nude modelling stint?

19. Andus McCoatover
    Pint

Quote of quotes this week...

""He's actually incredibly attractive to women," she fumed. "You can't tell from the pictures."

Er, you can't tell from reality, either. Sounds like she won't be joining Mensa, even as an honorary member (no such thing, BTW). Sounds awfully like a self-destructive comment, too.

However, I'd wave my MK14 manual as a flag, if I could find it....Beer'll have to do. Man's a legend, but often had a gift for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, somehow....

Oh, and if anyone croaks on about the age difference in conjunction (snigger) with bedrooms, I've one thing to say to them.

Carradine.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Really?

I thought he was famous for cutting too many corners in a desperate bid to keep the price down...

2. Steven Cuthbertson
      Thumb Up

MK14

Wow, the MK14... my first ever computer. Everyone laughed at me when I got it... They still do, me being balding and not a multi-millionaire.

Congratulations Clive, may your poke have many bytes still to come.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Nah...

As long as his microdrives are still spooling okay and his Interface 1 is still connecting okay to the edge connector, he should be fine.

Christmas 1983, memories of unpacking my Spectrum 48K and the tape full of games my dad had copied from the techies at work!

4. Paul RND*1000

That's because in the pictures you can't see his enormous...

...bank account. :)

20. Lamont Cranston

Too young to remember the C5 debacle?

She's older than me, and I remember it all (although I never got to sit in one until it became a museum piece).

21. Steven Raith
    Thumb Up

Nice sub heading!

Cruel, but funny.

Also, her last line:

"He's actually incredibly attractive to women," she fumed. "You can't tell from the pictures."

Is what the laydees say about me. And I am neither rich, nor bald*

I am unsure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Steven R

*subject to much debate.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Good luck!

Best wishes to the fella, Sinclair Spectrum is what I grew up with and he deserves a good old age for it!!!

23. blackworx
    Pint

"You can't tell from the pictures"

Agreed. A quick shuftie at his bank statement on the other hand would likely remove all doubt...

Oh, and GET IN!

1. Steve Evans

C5 :-)

I've ridden one round the Brooklands banking and the Mercedes test track/skid pan... No they don't go fast enough to get the tail end out, although I believe the DIY 24v modified one did before the wheel hub collapsed!

A right giggle, but as practical transport, a joke.

Far too many design shortcuts... If you push them backwards you blow diodes!

2. umacf24
      Happy

Global C5

Back in 1985 or so, I was wandering about one of the posher suburbs of Bagdad, and I saw an entire family playing with a C5 in a quiet street.

24. Neill Mitchell
    Joke

Should've married the Amstrad boss instead.

She would have a proper Sugar Daddy then.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Hero

Sir Clive is a hero - amd he hasn't changed *that* much since 1981.

26. Gordon Henderson
    Thumb Up

Mk14

http://unicorn.drogon.net/stuff/mk14.jpg

Way to go...

1. Andus McCoatover

Grief, I miss mine...

Seriously! Got me on the road to where I am now (OK, I'm currently on the dole, but I meant a couple of years ago....)

From the jpg, the lucky b'stard had the later through-hole-plated version. I had to push tiny bits of wire through each hole, then use some kind of 'socket-on-a-strip' product (I forget the name. Maplin sold it), and solder - carefully - both sides. Note the builder threw caution to the wind and soldered in the 8055(?) expansion 40-pin device directly.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

so hes...

got a big (asset)

and a hopefully a PRE-NUP thats IRON TIGHT like her.......

28. Red Bren
    Pint

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Good luck to them!

29. Jason Togneri
    Thumb Up

And for those lacking m4d Google-fu sk1llz...

Some great pics of the young missus right here: http://kotaku.com/5525161/computer-tycoon-weds-former-lap-dancer

Good on you Sir Clive. I hope, when I'm old and ready to pop my clogs, I meet my fate the same way you're likely to meet yours!

30. Marketing Hack Silver badge

Trophy wife time!!

But congrats and best wishes to them both anyway!!

31. El
    Happy

She was first attracted by the conspicuous bulge in his pants

That being, of course, his wallet.

32. Melanie Winiger
    Paris Hilton

Would I do the same at his age?

Yes.

Paris please.

33. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So what?

I am sure they both know exactly what they are doing - she gets access to a lot of money knowing she has to "know" an older gentleman for it and he gets his end away with a young hottie knowing that it would effectively cost him money.

But given he would probably have to spend the same no matter who he got married to I think he has made a wise choice.

34. Max_Normal

Meh. Probably only hot looking on the cassette case

Just a bunch of big black squares in a rough woman shape when you finally get her loaded.

35. tony trolle

Maybe I'm getting older too

but he does not look any older than he did in the late 1980's

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019