back to article AMD to pitch Fusion chip at netbooks, ultrathins

Claims that AMD has a some kind of Damascene conversion and is to finally target the netbook sector directly are, frankly, nonsense. An old slide showing the chip maker's notebook roadmap re-appeared this week, and pundits rushed with 'AMD targets netbook' stories after spotting 'Ontario', a dual-core chip that contains AMD's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Eddy Ito

Just wondering

What size will it be, 45 or 32 nm? I suppose it could be both but then they could have striped the block or something.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Re: Just wondering

> What size will it be, 45 or 32 nm?

Rumours have it Ontario & Llano will be 32nm - and that's a genuine single die with integrated DX11 GPU, unlike the cobbled together item from Intel. And you can bet the graphics will beat the c**p out of Intel, which was/is the biggest drawback with Atom.

2. Chris Weatherby

Athlon vs Atom

I seem to rember AMD's argument was actually that their low end Althlon and chipset range had a better power consumption/ figures to the Atoms processor, (along with chipset) - only nobody thought of using a processor, that wasn't specifically tailored to the netbook market.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

I think Nvidia can Do better in this domain ?

< Stupid Mode >

Assumin that they are the custodians of Transmeta CMS IP they can and perhaps they will do better .

that is why i m bettin on Nvidia 4 This Platform

< / Stupid Mode >

4. Goat Jam
    Gates Horns

I would LOVE to see

AMD shake up the netbook market and wrest it back from the cold dead hands of Wintel.

Having said that, I don't hold out much hope in that regard, I'm just hoping the ARM based kit starts arriving soon or have Wintel successfully managed to kill that baby in its crib too?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like