back to article Packard Bell catches burning battery blight

Packard Bell has become the latest laptop maker to issue a major battery recall, following reports of overheating and fires. Four Easynote models are affected. MX36, MX37, MX51 and MX52 units sold mainly in Europe between July and December 2007 are at risk. Packard Bell blamed the voluntary recall on internal short circuits …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. N2
    Joke

Dont tell me

If you live anywhere except the UK you get a replacement within 24 hrs

if you live in the UK you get told to fuck off.

2. Blain Hamon
    WTF?

Wait, what?

Packard Bell is still around? I thought they perished in the late 90s.

(Okay, it was more a wish than a thought, but still)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Clash of cultures

You buy batteries from China and announce that price maximum is something, usually very low for a quality product.

Chinese will say yes just to get the order and then make as good (or bad) batteries you can get with the given price and nice profit to the maker. So they fit the quality to (given) price and not the other way round. That's quite common internally in China so no problem with that in there: You get what you paid for.

Combine that to the 'cheapest wins' -culture in west (as if quality is given, while in reality it's not, seller cheats whenever he can) and you see that clash is inevitable.

From the chinese manufacturer's point of view the guilty part is the company who ordered the price very low and expected to get first-class products, not himself: He gave the best product you could get with that price.

4. Misfituser
    FAIL

Maybe someone should check

to make sure they weren't just putting refurbished parts into their new machines again. Funny PB's now owned by the other worst PC manufacturer of the '90s.

5. Tzael

Isn't it about time they went up in smoke?

Ah good old "Buggered to Hell" is still around eh? I'm sure that anybody who's served time as a computer technician will have their own collection of woeful tales resulting from having to repair Packard Bell computers, especially if they had the misfortune of working on some of the models from the mid to late 90s...

6. DennisCB
    FAIL

IDOITIC

NEVER have i heard such an idiotic statement from such an idiotic soirce. How can they declare north america firebomb free when more than just a few sellers and buyers will have bought their firebombing laptops from abroad via places like Ebay or a reputable high street source in Paris.

Stupid, real stupid

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like