back to article US, China play footsie with joint space mission

The United States and China have agreed to step up discussions on cooperative space exploration, as both countries separately pursue ambitious plans to send a manned mission to the Moon by around 2020. US president Barack Obama and Chinese president Hu Jintaro have agreed during a summit in Beijing this week to formalize joint …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Us secret plan to halt Chinas space programme?

Is this in actuality a hostile move by the US to sabotage the Chinese space program? I mean why else would they get NASA involved with the Chinese. Everyone knows that NASA is no good for space programs. NASAs main role in is to burn money that would other wise benefit the population.

NASA + Space = Money down the drain.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Increase security in outer space?

What the hell? Are we expecting a Dalek invasion or something? It's not likely Al Qaeda has a viable space program at this stage although I do believe they have been conducting tests by strapping a goat to a SAM and launching it at the Moon.

Paris, 'cause for no other reason than a lack of logic or common sense.

3. Colin 4
    FAIL

yeah right

The US are obviously just wetting themselves ... they know the best they will manage in the next 10 years is to get halfway back to where they were in 1969, whereas the Chinese will probably have a yum cha restaurant at the moon's south pole by then. So the seppo's figure - lets jump on their coat-tails ....

4. No, I will not fix your computer
    Troll

US

Given the US does not have an economy to speak of (except in hushed terms) and the space program is now pointless you can see why they are getting in with the Chinese, the real question is why would the Chinese want to bother bringing in the US?

5. HFoster
    Coat

Didn't read article...

Isn't the Alliance in "Firefly" the result of the USA and PR China being the last two super powers at the point humanity decides to leave the Earth behind?

Five hundred years after this mission, someone will cut open Summer Glau's head and tamper with her brain. That's like a geeky zombie's wet dream.

6. Captain Thyratron
    Headmaster

Did they get a new guy, or what?

That's "Hu Jintao", Mr. Modine.

7. wv9e

Why not...

Sure why not. Most of the technology they have was pilfered from the west... mostly US.. spys and patent theft. May as well just give it all to them... Osama Obumma is a clown and a fool.

8. No, I will not fix your computer
    Grenade

@wv9e

Given that the US space program was only possible because Nazis and War Criminals and the Chinese have more advanced technology that the US I suspect they have more to gain than the Chinese. Nothwithstanding, America has a long history of stealing inventions from other countries (aeroplanes, cars, trains, telephones, integrated circuits, the internet, and list goes on and on)

>>Osama Obumma is a clown and a fool

^^ The US has no money, why would a (competent) leader throw good money away pointlessly? His focus is on medical research which has a real practical benefit.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like