back to article BlackBerry users left bereft of service

Many BlackBerry users are finding themselves bereft of connectivity as the service crashes out for some, while others continue oblivious. First reports of a problem came in this morning, but as they were on the Orange network (which is also titsup today) it seemed the carrier was to blame. But not so - BlackBerry fans on other …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

We are having a similar problem on Vodafone.

We have devices that are all sitting with gprs in lower case.

This was due to a Vodafone migration/system upgrade and a delay on the network or so they claim. It's been like this all day no emails.

They say it might take up to 24hours to be back to normal

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Not just blackberry

I've been having issues with proxies and what not with Vodaphone today trying to get to my corporate Exchange server on my Windows Mobile HTC phone...

Internet on the phone has been equally bad today.

3. Lloyd
    FAIL

Not just Orange

Vodafone's been up the swanny all day, latest update "we hope to have it fixed by 4:30", yeah, yeah.

4. Jimbo09990
    Happy

Multiple outages

I have a Blackberry on Orange. If only all service providers could arrange to have their downtime together :)

5. Nik Owen
    Coat

And there was me blaming Orange

title says it all really.

Battery pull and it works for 10 mins or so, however won't pull emails

Now everybody is laughing at us with fancy phones that work like mobile offices and their £9.99 phone from asda does more than ours today.

Thank god my internet isn't with Oraqnge or I'd be bored and have to play solitaire at work.

mines the one with the useless BB in the pocket!

6. Kevin Gurney
    Thumb Up

Blackberry on O2.........

No problems here with voice or data.

7. Jon Gibbins
    FAIL

Orange BlackBerry here too.

Our company has 20+ BlackBerry phones and about three quarters of us have no data to the handsets. Strangely enough, there are a few that are still working though. Really not sure why being as they are all on the same mobile contract.

Either way, the way we've got around the problem in the office is to enable the inbuilt wifi and connect to our company's wireless network.

8. Spanners Silver badge
    Happy

No problems with T-Mobile

I have been getting emails on mine all day.

9. Corin

Fine on O2

...I came along tonight and learned about the outage only now. O2 has been solid for me all day! Their last data "outage" didn't get me either, I seem to be lucky.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

Does this explain the share dip today

If so imagine if all two of the phone n/ws went down ;)

11. sandman
    Happy

Droll, very droll...

Take one office with many Blackberries. Half of us have capitalised GPRS on our machines, the other half have lower case - and no, I have no idea why. So, half of us have no problems and scoff at the demoralised whining of the others (in a sympathetic manner of course).

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We don't need no stinkin' blackberries

Yet again good ol' Cat5 triumphs over wireless gadgetmebobs.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like