back to article Samsung YP-Q2 v. Sony E-series deathmatch

With the market for mid-range MP3 players never having been more competitive, seeing Sony and Samsung fight it our for advantage is like watching two wannabe WAGs scrap over a premiership footballer who is rumoured to be hung like a horse and has a Manchester City transfer cheque in his pocket. Sony Walkman E444 Sony's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Frank Bough
    WTF?

Such a lot of players

fighting for the crumbs from Apple's table.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Love the hardware, hate the software

There are a few Sammy players in this household and they all sound fine, even the tiny Pebble.

The big problem is the Emodio software (known here as Emodious or Imodium). I wish Samsung would spend more time fixing that before releasing yet new models.

3. Alan 6
    Happy

Creative

Have you looked at the new Zen X-Fi 2 yet?

The spec looks pretty impressive, including Flac support.

4. A 20

Newsflash: Sony to expect call from Dibney™ lawyers

That does look rather similar to a certain murine; of a "taking the piss" kind.

Maybe Sony should do a full-on Dibney™ licenced version, I'm sure it'd sell by the bucketload in Japan!

5. ffrankmccaffery

@frank bough

apples table is at the local mcdonalds pal. these two sit at the local 'cafe rouge'

6. James Dore

Sony Controls....

... look a bit 'Mickey Mouse'.

Can't help thinking they're both a bit irrelevant though.

7. Leivaman
    WTF?

Sony NWZ-E444

Hi

Have just read your review concerning the Sony that was very useful. i have been given one of these by a friend however it came with no accessories and though I have scoured the net I cannot find anywhere that sells a charging cable. Any ideas?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

SAMSUNG, mixed experience

My SAMSUNG YP-S3, used for about 3 months, tends to forget the time settings. This makes me a little uneasy. When will it start forgetting my music?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like