back to article Accused TJX hacker faces 15 to 20

The hacker accused of orchestrating the largest-known identity theft in US history will serve between 15 to 25 years in prison under a plea deal filed Friday. Albert "Segvec" Gonzalez is accused of leading a hacking circle that stole 130 million credit and debit card numbers from major retail chains like Barnes and Noble, T.J …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I hope that he........

Gets 50 years plus. It is high time that the Courts sent out a CLEAR unamiguous message to these scum thieves that if they are caught then they are going to face long,long sentences. If the guy is guilty, and he says he is, then lock him up 50 years and teach them a lesson.

2. James O'Shea

excellent

perhaps he and McKinnion can share a cell.

3. Winkypop Silver badge
    Coat

But

Have the got the right guy?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

American justice.

So he nicks a few card details and inconvieniences a few punters and gets a 25 stretch.

Meanwhile, back in blighty murderers, are getting less than half that for wiping out entire families and torturing and killing kids!!!!

Dont get me wrong, i'm no lover of the Americans but christ on an AT-AT everyone is laughing at our justice system. Their punishments do seem at least proportionate to the crime.

Joke, just not a funny one.

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

@cornz 1

and yet the UK has a lower crime rate then the US... Odd isen+t it its almost like harder punishments for crimes dosen´t stop them.. like every investergation into crime prevention shows. Odd that.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like