back to article US civil liberties gang questions Obama cookie plan

A proposal to loosen restrictions on the use of tracking cookies by federal government websites should be carefully scrutinized so they don't jeopardize the privacy of people who visit them, groups advocating civil liberties warned Monday. The American Civil Liberties Union said the proposal, floated July 24 by the White House …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Number6
    Black Helicopters

Delete Them

I go through and clean up my cookies every so often, so tracking information is limited. I also have Firefox set to delete all cookies on exit.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

I'm outraged at this...

...I mean your be telling me Google (aka doubleclick) track me all the time.

Phew, think I better log into my Hotmail account and write a nasty letter, then post it on my Live blog. Thank goodness I use twitter and facebook, otherwise the goverment will get away with anything.

3. jake Silver badge

During the meanwhile ...

... who allows cookies when eyeballing any government or big business web page?

Your privacy is in your own hands. Take advantage of reality, or fade as a free nation ...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's the Issue?

The NSA pretty much scoop up the entire US population's web-browsing anyway....

5. Stevie

uckfay eMay

With everything else that needs fixing here in the cradle of freedom, these idiots fixate on a non-problem. Way to go, everyone.

Christ on a bike. It makes you want to weep.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

NSA and hoovering

Yup....they're good at all kinds of hoovering.

You know why.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like