back to article Twitter hack spawns spam and scareware scams

Spam and scams have continued to flow from the fallout of last week's DDoS against Twitter. The attack, which took the micro-blogging service offline for around two hours on Thursday, and reduced service levels for a much longer time afterwards, (see here and here), also affected Facebook, LiveJournal and other sites. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Headmaster

Cyxymu ?

Sounds like some dodgy Welsh spammer?

2. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Spam away

They're only Twitter Twatters and FarceBookers anyway!

3. Duckorange
    Headmaster

@winkypop

Cyxymu is a (bad) Latinised rendering of the Cyrillic word Sukhumi, the capital of Abkhazia.

So there.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

I wonder...

...why there's an "Utterly terrible" rating available, when every time you assign it to a Twitter article it is silently removed. Why not only offer the positive voting options, if that's what you want?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

There's no mystery...

The botnet responsible will undoubtedly be under the control of the RBN, which in turn is oft at the disposal of the Kremlin.

6. Scott Broukell
    Joke

@winkypop & Duckorange

we have cars 'ere as well !

7. OnSeeker

OnSeeker opinion :P

And all this happen because of a lack of security on the computers affected! I personally don't get spam cause I'm using BitDefender! I recommend it to those who became zombies for the spam bot :))

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I have only sent a one twitter...

"241 offer on Tesco spagbol" and now I'm Cyxymu's bitch. Is it really worth it. 2 shite spaghetti bolognese's for £1.69. Sigh.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like