back to article Samsung intros skinny watchphone

Samsung has unveiled a super-slim watchphone, just weeks before the impending UK launch of LG’s GD910 Dick Tracy device. Samsung_S9110 Samsung's S9110 watchphone The S9110 isn’t Samsung’s first watchphone – the firm launched a 2G phone-cum-watch back in 2003, but at 11.98mm thick the S9110 is thought to be the world’s …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Avangelist
    Thumb Up

more watches

This is what I have been after since the calculator and the remote control a phone in my watch.

If they could start getting these onto contract deals I would sign up.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I keep seeing this

I keep seeing "It doesn't have a front facing camera for video calls" as a criticism in register articles. Does anyone, anywhere actually make video calls from a mobile phone? Ever? Am I the only one who ISN'T doing it?

3. Neur0mancer
    Happy

Video calls

I made a video call once when I got my first 3G video call phone. I have never made one since. Is video calling the future??? How is it useful?

This watch, with an unobtrusive bluetooth headset = WIN

4. Gary Littlemore
    Paris Hilton

France here i come...

I feel a trip on the Eurostar coming on here. **Bags Packed**

Paris cos that's where I'll be!

5. Patrick 14
    Paris Hilton

I have made video calls on the 10th and 11th july 2009

Yes.

My wife had gone to london. and when we tried to make the calls out of 5-6 we did only one time was we able to see each other without some silly colour cock up happening.

And was using K810i and Vario2 to do it. and its in the mins from t-mobile from what i can tell..

Only did it so the kids could "see" there mother lol.

But when it did work right it was clear. and at least there is no limit to the amount you can do over the 3g unlike most "usb 3g modems" that do not like you to stream video lol...

Paris cause even her "video" was not as bad as video calls look lol

6. SirTainleyBarking
    Thumb Up

I like it

Its Cool As F.....lip, and thats praise indeed from a luddite such as myself

7. Andy Watt
    FAIL

NO NO NO NO NO!

Look, this thing is shite. It's bling. The signal quality WILL be terrible (it's hard enough designing antenna for the inside of aerial-less mobiles), it'll fry your wrist or not shout loud enough to be heard to the network, and it'll cost a fortune.

I've worked in mobile comms since 1999 and frankly there are some tech hurdles that can't be overcome - this device is just plain shite.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Have u seen the new NS08

Well i think this phone is going to be a flop as it will be a hassel to use speacially for business people and youngsters. But have u guys seen NS08 i think this upcoming phone will left all phones behind and every one will love it . Check this video out. http://www.domesticutilities.com/pmg.htm

9. Nigel R Silver badge

look ma, no....

eerm... so where do we stand with hands-free use of this product in the car?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like