back to article Yahoo! bites! Web! 2.0! apple! with! homepage! relaunch!

Yahoo! is poised to push out a new homepage in the US today that will come with direct access to the likes of eBay, Twitter and Facebook, for users keen to flock to those sites. The revamp will be launched a month ahead of schedule, while tweaks to its search page will follow in August. Users interested in accessing it will be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Phantom Wibbler
    WTF?

old! news!

I've had to put up with crappy page for the last few weeks already. Having said that, I'm getting used to it and it isn;t too bad once you get rid of the links to ebay, facebook and t@tter.

2. Dangerous Dave

eh?

people still use yahoo?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

ooh big words

Yay!

'holistically'

BULLSHIT BINGO!

4. Mark McC
    Flame

Not so hot on the redesign of users' profile pages

In an attempt to turn them into some kind of Facebook-lite, Yahoo! has revamped users' profile pages, including publishing their age based on the (in my case false) date of birth I entered while signing up back when people still cared about Yahoo!.

Shame they didn't think to provide any way for users to correct their age or, more desirably, stop it being displayed to the world altogether - especially considering no-one was ever asked to provide consent for it to be shown.

I'm not an expert on such matters, but surely the Data Protection Act has some rules against companies deciding to publicly publish user data for which consent was never given?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ya-Hawn

Anybody care?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like