back to article Ovi still bouncing on and offline

Nokia's Ovi store is suffering from more teething problems as the site can't seen to keep itself online - though the company claims that users coming in direct from devices aren't experiencing problems. Ovi is Nokia's answer to Apple's iTunes, offering a broader range of content to a broader range of handsets - or at least it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. A Gould
    Thumb Down

Its not as slow...

today, but there's still nothing good on it.

At the end of the day, all the innovative developers are writing for iPhones. Nokia have missed the boat. Ovi is just a pile of crappy wallpapers and ringtones.

2. A Gould

Oh wait...

There's 'Nokia Magnifier'. Now that's a killer app. Whenever I focus, it gives me an error, and when I close it, it throws a kernel exception. Fantastisch.

3. David Licence

No Ovi

No idea if the Ovi store itself is up or down - I can't even download the Ovi app from the Nokia Download! app in order to try connecting to the Ovi App Store. Every time I try I get an 'Item Download Failed' message.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Publisher apps pending

I don't know how many other developers are having the same problem, but we found out on Tuesday after the launch that because we had some conflicting settings our app wouldn't appear in the store. We uploaded the binaries and had them verfied weeks ago. We've also corrected the issue but our app is in a "pending" state (has been since 9am yesterday).

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

nothing new...

... been up and down and semi functional for over a year now... i'd like to like it, but nokia missed the boat.

6. Mike Taylor

Oddly enough

Despite being registered on the site and getting periodic emails, Nokia haven't marketed Ovi at me at all. Just as well we're not limited to one store: I recommend Fring - chat and voip client for Nokia Symbian - as a first rate app

7. pctechxp

Cloud FAIL

Surely the failures of stuff like Ovi, MobileMe and other cloiud platforms show that cloud computing is more pie than cloud in the sky.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like