back to article Federal judge muzzles Craigslist-threatening AG

A federal judge has ruled South Carolina's attorney general must keep his mouth shut about threatening to prosecute Craigslist over ads for prostitution. US District Judge Weston Houck granted a temporary restraining order and preliminary judgment against Attorney General Henry McMaster on Friday to "refrain from initiating or …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Camilla Smythe

Well... There you go then..

Judge Weston.... and may I just say that was Judge Judy.... slaps your hands and stuff gets sorted. I'll assume that one was for minimal lawyer cost? ? ?

ITMT I notice McMaster has not credited my account for 'Public Toilet Blow Job Services in Plastic' for the last four services rendered. Sure, his defense will be I did not swallow. Like as if I am still waiting for delivery from Mr Floppies Floppy One.

xxx

Your English Gurl

2. raving angry loony

slippery slope

Wonder if they can have the A.G. jailed for uttering threats. Isn't that just terrorism? Waterboard him!

3. Francis Boyle Silver badge

"Muzzles"

Isn't that a type of erotic 'service'?

4. James O'Brien
    Thumb Up

Wow

A judge over here who ISN'T a bible thumper....thank god.

5. Fatman
    Flame

McMaster, and his threats

What I would not pay for a picture of him with wearing a dog muzzle.

Graphics people, can someone provide the rest of the world with some amusement?

McMaster is your typical @$$hole politician who is out to make it look like he is "tough on crime" in his bid for the Governor's seat. He needs to learn the limits of his authority. If he is ultimately slapped down; then his punishment ought to be 10 whacks with a "billy club" (aka 'nightstick' in some circles) across his fingers. Then he will get the message (painfully, I hope).

The next thing that South Carolinians can do is to vote his @$$ out of office.

6. FapFap
    Thumb Up

Hey

If this dummy DA was smart he would retire from office and go hide in a cave

7. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

McMaster's Threats..

Interesting that he's threatening to go after craigslist for their erotic services ads, but isn't saying a word about those same type of ads in the newspapers in SC... Oh, wait, he might want the endorsement of those very same newspapers if he makes that rumored run for guv'nor next year... He might have a problem getting those endorsements if he's cost the newspapers thousands of dollars in legal fees to defend against his (McMaster's) accusations...Different standards if someone can't help you I guess...

Paris, 'cause she doesn't need any newspaper endorsements, even from SC.

8. John Dougald McCallum
    Alert

McMasters is ....

Running for govenor next year I think I can see a connection here

9. Dave
    Dead Vulture

What?

How about a paragraph or so explaining exactly what this injunction means to either party?

IANAL - and I don't really understand what this means

This topic is closed for new posts.