back to article MS pushes back Forefront security offensive

Microsoft will delay the release of the next version of its Forefront security product range. The company's announcement of the delay suggests it wants to improve the technology, but business reasons provide a more plausible - though unproven - rationale for the postponement. Instead of shipping the product release, codenamed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DutchOven
    Paris Hilton

Shurely shome mishtake?

"The security giant expects to ship a second beta of Stirling and a release candidate prior to the final release."

Isn't this Microsoft we're talking about here? I assume that "security giant" is a new technical term for "incompetent buffoon"?

When has Microsoft ever release a product without any security flaws? DOS (maybe, not sure) but everything since then has been so full of holes that Swiss cheese makers have used their software for inspiration.

Paris because when her "security" hole was penetrated, details were only uploaded to the internet once.

2. Steve Foster

Effect on EBS2008?

Since EBS2008 is already shipping with "Forefront TMG" (ISA Server to you and me), I wonder how this delay will affect EBS2008 (and its presumed-in-due-course R2 refresh).

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks like Microsoft are totally

Type your comment here — plain text only, no HTML

4. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Leave it alone, Microsoft

Stick to what you are good at.... er.....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

A Microsoft "security" product?

ROTFL. Great April fool's joke, guys.

Wait...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

ISA2006

Actually, to be fair to MS, ISA2006 is actually pretty well locked down. Surprising for MS I know, but for once they managed it with I believe a fair help from Checkpoint and IPSEC from Cisco! :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like