back to article Jail for Oz drug-running onanist speed merchant

The Australian man who was last year pulled for driving at 147km/h (91 mph) in a Holden SV6 packed with 5kg of cannabis, two dope plants, a couple of drug pipes and a loaded .22 rifle, and admitted to cops he'd filmed himself masturbating while driving at 150km/h has, unsurprisingly, been jailed. Brendon Alan Erhardt, 39, was …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

this is so wrong

he should be given a fucking medal, not banged up. if everyone in the world was like him, there wouldn't be any wars going on - we'd all be too busy getttng stoned and going out for high speed hand shandies

2. Pev
    Coat

Were's Mel?

Anyone else picturing this as part of a Mad Max Film plot?

3. Jamie
    Linux

Judges are stupid

Driving with no license so they ban him from driving for 6 months.

4. Graham Marsden
    Coat

Well...

... what a wanker!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Best. Headline. Ever.

Superb.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Something wrong?

You post this article as if there's something wrong with what he did??? Guns, drugs and sex (albeit with Mrs Palm and her 5 lovely daughters) all in one shot (so to speak) sounds pretty much ideal.

Of course, if he'd drugged, then shot, then shagged (preferably in that order) a kangaroo - which it seems he had the potential to do - that would be a different matter.

Mine's the one with a red-eyed lead-pelted Joey in the front pocket.

7. Richard

A title is required

Erhardt earlier this week copped a concurrent sentence of two months for a further six charges including "carrying an unregistered and loaded firearm"

Are we talking about the gun or his man member?

8. Twyst

He'd better be walking home from prison.

What I want to know is: will he serve his driving ban concurrently with his prison sentence, and if so, why bother giving him it in the first place?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Sooo...

He's in jail for 12 months, and can't drive for the first six of those?? Hmmm...

10. Jimmy Floyd

In fairness...

It should perhaps be pointed out that *small* amounts of cannabis in South Australia are not exactly illegal (not sure they're legal either - one of those strange things). And there's very little to hit on the Stuart Highway if either you lose control or drive under the influence.

Of course, 5kg of cannabis / crossing the border into the NT / filming yourself masturbating are all pretty dopey when combined. Dope? Dopey? Oh please yourselves...

11. Colin Millar
    Coat

unregistered loaded firearm??

I know we're getting real big brother these days but having to register your co....

O hang about - they were referring to the .22 rifle

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

could have been worse...

he could have been snapped on Go Ogle Street View...

13. blackworx
    Thumb Up

Splendid

What a hero!

14. Henry Wertz Gold badge

I'm with Pev

I saw the first paragraph and was like "Damn that's all Mad Max style."

I don't know the actual situation, but I prefer to think the 3 years is not for the weed, but for thinking it's fine to wack it at 95MPH, and shoot a rifle out the car (probably also doing 90MPH.) I know the roads there are pretty rural, but that shit's not safe.

And, agreed.. it's real rough to not be able to legally drive a car those first 6 months in prison.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

that took some skill

all of those at once! EPIC

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Driving Ban?

I'm constantly surprised that a judge would consider a driving ban an appropriate punishment for an offender that has already shown their disregard for the licensing requirement. This case is even more ridiculous, given the offender will be locked up until at least 6 months after their driving ban ends.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Shoot'n'scoot

How does one shoot kangaroos with rifle and one hand, shoot something else using his other hand and drive at 90-odd mph at the same time? Did he steer with his teeth?

With talent like that, he shouldn't be in jail, he should run the country? Why not, they let so many other dope smoking, lunatic w*nkers do the job......

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Huh?

"driving at 147km/h (91 mph) in a Holden SV6 packed with 5kg of cannabis, two dope plants, a couple of drug pipes and a loaded .22 rifle, filming himself masturbating while driving at 150km/h"

What did he get arrested for, not wearing a seatbelt? I've been to Oz a few times and that seems to be the normal method of driving there.

19. Sooty

i have never understood

the absolutely stupid judges who hand out driving bans, to people who are up before them for driving without a licence anyway!

20. Steve Roper
    Go

Cannabis in South Australia

Possession of small amounts of cannabis (less than 300 g) in South Australia and Northern Territory is not a criminal conviction, it's an on-the-spot fine similar to a speeding or parking ticket. Most of the time, the cops don't even bother fining you for having the stuff - if they catch you with it, they usually just empty your stash on the ground and give you a warning. However, 5 kg of the stuff is not a small amount by anyone's definition, and he could realistically have been charged with possessing cannabis for commercial use, which carries a sentence of up to 8 years; although in Adelaide (the capital of South Australia and known nationally as the "Cannabis Capital" of Australia), only the most egregious offenders are actually jailed for this offence.

So if this guy is doing porridge, it's probably more for the firearms offences than for the dope, which every second person here has various quantities of!

21. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Incredible

1. That he got a Holden up to 95mph

2. That he got busted, when he was in the middle of zip!

3. That anyone in the Northern Territory would find this behavior in any way strange, dangerous or outrageous.

22. Tom
    Thumb Up

I love the South Australia definition of 'small amounts'

"Just 250 grammes officer, enough to get me to the shops and back..."

Dont suppose South Australia has any need for some IT consultants?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like