back to article Microsoft slashes Visual Studio prices for 2010 sign-ups

Microsoft is today expected to unveil deep discounts along with features for Visual Studio 2010 to encourage uptake and ease the headache of rolling out applications for different flavors of Office. The company will reveal tools it said would let you deploy applications to different versions of Office running on 32- and 64-bit …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alex
    Thumb Down

How about just not ripping off UK customers?

I'd be rather more interested in a fair price in the UK to start with - current prices for Visual Studio Standard 2008 are 249.99USD on Amazon.com, and 256.48GBP (=400USD) on Amazon.co.uk.

Stuff your miserly 33%, and stop screwing us to the tune of nearly 100%.

And don't give us any crap about tax differences or translation costs either, the differential is way greater than either of those excuses can account for.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I wounder

How much the banks are involved in this pricing. I bought an $8 item on ebay. that was in the UK. My bank charged me a $4 conversion fee. I'm thinking wait a minute,shouldn't the sell be responsible for that fee. I'm giving him USD and its up to him to change it into GBP I wounder if the sellers bank charged him a fee to.

3. Turgut Kalfaoglu
    Thumb Down

price of uglyware

even free, it's still too expensive

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@AC

Dear AC

Of course his bank charged him for the conversion to GBP - they screw you at both ends and in the middle too. What with bank charges and ebay's charges, he probably got something like three cents on the dollar of his selling price.

Mine's the one with gold sovereigns in the pocket: what with the Serious Farce Office and the supine Financial Services Authority, our wunch of bankers get away with financial murder.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like