back to article Anonymous plans zombie Scientology protest

Anonymous is planning a zombie-themed protest in the latest phase of its long-running campaign against the Church of Scientology. The group, much in the news of late after a member reportedly hacked into the webmail account of Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin, is back on familiar ground with its ninth monthly protest …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Research?

"The group, much in the news of late after a member reportedly hacked into the webmail"

Group? lol wtfbbq? It isn't a group for s--ts sake...

Member? It's not a group so... no members... god damn do some f--king research on this, it isn't f--king hard. You've been writing about them for months now.

Also it was barely a hack. Dumb newfag got what he deserved.

Tshh.

2. Peyton
    Flame

Men In Black

Guess that flashy thing really does scramble your brain.

3. drunk.smile

Cakes

18th October you say? Will there be cakes?

4. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Cakes

BRAINS.

There will be brains.

5. Elmer Phud
    Alien

masks

So where do we get the Tom Cruise or John T masks from?

Is it O.K. just to have an alien mask?

Can I interest you in a Personality Test?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Brians....

dislexic zombies all around :)

7. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

Cornetto....

Then... Pub?

wear the mask, for we are legion.

8. Dick Lovewell
    Coat

Why the Scientologists?

What have the Scientologists done worse than any other religion? Surely they're all based on mysticism over rationalism so I can't see that one is any less insidious than another.

Mine's the one with the 'Personality Test" equipment" in the pocket.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

no cake

but there will be soup.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Why did my comment about

it not being a religious organisation get rejected?

Are the disciples of Xenu at large at the Reg?

11. Phill Holland
    Alien

dunno

is that an alien mask, or xenu; I get easily confused.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Dick Lovewell

Because, for one reason, main stream religions do not charge fixed fee or copyright their teachings. There are loads of others, but this one sets it apart from nearly every other 'religion'.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

@Dick Lovewell

Because, simply put, they are evil.

Their beliefs, whilst wacky in the extreme, are not the issue. It's the way they have treated others, both their recruits (who are basically brainwashed, scammed and in extreme cases asically enslaved) and voices of dissent (sued, stalked, harassed).

What got anonymous involved was their heavy handed pulling of youtube (and other) video of Tom Cruise acting completely f*cking nuts at a convention.

They are a business and a scam and value money above even human life.

Check out xenu.net , whyaretheydead and many others.

14. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Why did my comment about

Yes. Hail Xenu.

No, AC, I was just at a loss as to what you think we should call it if 'religious organisation' is too vague, not vague enough, or somehow offensive. If you're going to make such a shouty demand for amendment, suggestions would be helpful.

How about 'dubious Cruise-cuddling personality-testing sci-fi worship collective'?

15. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

to paraphrase from the simpsons

zombie on seeing homer: Brain, big tasty brain

a moment later....

zombie: no brain

zombie on seeing scientology zombot: no brain!

16. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@ Sarah Bee

"'dubious Cruise-cuddling personality-testing sci-fi worship collective'?"

Well done, that one is up there with the best DARPA descriptions.

17. Kevin
    Stop

@Dick Lovewell

As someone who knows a 80 year old person with a child in that cult trust me they are really really evil. After joining the cult they cut off all communication with ALL of their family members, and transferred their children to a Scientology ran brainwashing school. Does that sound like rational behavior cutting off all communication? Only reason they know the family members are still alive is because they hired a private detective to locate them, and all attempts to get in contact have been futile.

They have been know to target people with mental disorders and con them into stopping their medications so their lies can take root.

So now tell me does that not sound despicable for even a "religion" to do?

18. Moss Icely Spaceport
    Stop

All of them

Rolled-gold (evil) nut-jobs!

But then I think of all god-botherers as silly!

19. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Religion vs sect

A religion is something you are entitled to embrace or refuse, and are free to leave if you decide that it is not fulfilling your spiritual needs.

A religion does not lock you in, does not pester you to come to service, does not stop you at the door if you do not contribute, does not incite you to abandon friends and family, nor does it stalk/harass you once you have decided to leave.

A religion is a spiritual matter and, as thus, can simply not "force" people into following it. Any priest/pastor/mullah worth his salt knows that.

Given this definition, if your "religion" demands that you hand over a significant part of your monthly salary, and especially if you are threatened with banishment if you do not comply, then you are in a sect.

If your "priest" continuously demonstrates to you that what you think you know about the real world is wrong, you are in a sect.

If your "community" repeatedly denigrates your relations/family and tells you to get rid of them, you are in a sect.

If your only goal in life is to live for the community, then it's too late, you've been brainwashed.

In short, a religion lets you live your life and enhances it with spiritual guidance, a sect destroys your life and, instead of guiding you, imposes its rules on you for the worse.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@Sarah Bee

See, it wasn't too difficult, was it?

21. Daren Nestor
    Alert

Can It!

"A religion is something you are entitled to embrace or refuse, and are free to leave if you decide that it is not fulfilling your spiritual needs."

That's anti - Islamic hate speech! (Yes, the tenets of Islam do not allow a believer to leave)

22. Secretgeek
    Alien

All these posts...

...and not one mention of the 'cult' word, that I've spotted.

I'm just saying that's all.

Xail Henu

23. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

It's all about control

And who has (and can keep the control). You're not likely to find too many organized "religions" that have not had as one of their major goals keeping control of their seething masses of followers. It you are a "true believer" you only do what you are told, you donate what you are told, you think what you are told, you believe what you are told, you indoctrinate your sprog as you are told.

You do not think independently, you do not act independently, you do not donate wherever you like, you do not raise your young to think for themselves, you do not see, hear, or speak to those who might have undue influence on your mind.

How are we doing so far....ALL MAJOR RELIGIONS ARE CULTS.

24. Mark

re: It's all about control

But no religion persecutes anyone talking about their holy texts. Almost no religion will hound you out and make you suicide for leaving. And NONE of them are major religions.

CoS is by far worse than any religion available today.

This topic is closed for new posts.