back to article Comcast users get UK-style capping, throttling

The Network Neutrality pigeons are coming home to roost, with Comcast formally announcing a British-style capping regime. The restrictions might make British cable users envious, however. From October 1, Comcast broadband users who download 250GB of data a month will receive a warning. 250GB, Comcast reckons, is equivalent to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

250GB! Is that all!

!I get through so much! This isn't right! I pay for my service I should be able to use it as much as I want!"

Thought I'd get that in now.

Jeez, other than software distrubutors, who the hell needs more that 250GB a month?! I pull a few TV episodes a week, email, some browsing and few YouTube bits, occasionally a linux distro and patches, and some Oracle software, lucky if I break 20GB in a heavy month!

2. Tony Hoyle
    Boffin

250GB?

That's a hell of a lot.. it's equivalent to 8.3gb a day every single day, or 345MB every hour 24/7.

I doubt any legit users will be hit by this... remember these are home connections not business ones, and I believe in the US ISPs won't even let you run your own servers so there's even less reason to use it.

3. Chris

I'd be ok with 250gb

I use the internet, and download everything I want, and I average far less then 250Gb a month.. so that, as far as caps go, isn't bad. As long as they don't sell it as unlimited, I'm fine with it. I know the cable company here (Shaw) has an oft non-enforced cap of 100Gb, which may be a bit small - but 250Gb is pretty good.

I'm sorry you brits out there.. 350Mb in 8 hours? That royally sucks. Maybe you guys should have a revolution.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like