back to article Motorola ROKR E8 music phone

Motorola’s ROKR music mobiles hasn’t exactly set the world on fire, the let-down of its E1 setting the par for the rest. With the E8 however, Motorola has approached the music mobile arena afresh. This model introduces some new design thinking to the range, not least Motorola’s own take on the current vogue for context- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Eponymous Cowherd
    Thumb Down

ModeShift controls?

You mean they turn lights on and off under the keypad.

I never cease to be amazed at the crap gimmicks that get passed off as innovation.

And it never ceases to amaze me that people fall for it.

2. Pavlovs well trained dog

stopped reading after the 'no wifi' bit

did I miss anything?

3. Moogal
    Stop

Why oh why

Why on earth do phone manufacturers persist on having those horrible tiny loudspeakers built in? The sound quality is always terrible, and the only people who use them are chavs on public transport. A headphone socket would be perfectly adequate.

Then again, the advert for this phone shows exactly who they are aiming it at...

4. NHS IT guy
    Paris Hilton

Haptic feedback...

"The E8 is Motorola’s first effort at using haptic feedback, providing slight vibrations..."

This is incorrect, the Motorola Razr v2 employed haptic feedback throughout the phone, both on the outer screen, and when you pressed buttons.

Paris, because she's good at researching articles.

5. richmajor86@gmail.com
    Thumb Down

flop.

NHS IT guy is correct, the Moto V8/V9 had this feedback.

HOwever it really doesn't matter, this phone will flop, and flop hard, why would you choose it over the similarly priced SE W910i (about £210) or perhaps spend less on the Nokia 5310 (about £100) or even, spend a bit more, and get the awesome SE w890i (about £250)

Moto could have saved some money on this one buy asking me if i thought it would sell, i could have said no, saved them shed loads of money, and face.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like