back to article Dell debuts designer laptop line

Dell has launched a new notebook line, the Studio series, in a bid to plug the gap between its XPS and increasingly low-cost Inspiron ranges. The Studio 15 is based around a 15.4in 1280 x 800 panel and can be configured with a range of 2-2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processors. Memory starts off at 2GB of dual-channel DDR 2, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

daft/comedy marketing colours

You sensibly say "blue, purple, red, pink, green or orange, or grey with a choice or blue, red, pink or black trim".

Dell breathlessly says "Jet Black, Tangerine Orange, Midnight Blue, Plum Purple, Spring Green, and Ruby Red, and Graphite Grey with Black, Red, Blue, or Pink accents."

2. Jamie
    Linux

Bouycot

Another example of why free trade does not work. I have no problem with globalization or multi-national companies but it should be equivilant cost for products all around the world.

3. dervheid
    Unhappy

Just another example...

of "Rip-off Britain"

BTW it's "Boycott" not "Bouycot". I suggest you add a dictionary (or should that be dicksionary) to your browser, Jamie!

4. Eddie Edwards
    Stop

Oh noes! 2.8% UK price differential

If I was a grey-market importer I'd focus on stuff that is 2x the cost in the UK versus the USA, not stuff that is 2.8% more expensive. FWIW.

5. Pete James

I once had a Chopper bike.

Quite frankly, if you buy Dell then you should get help. Far better brands out there than these R&D-free table leg stabilisers.

6. W

Re: 2.8% UK price differential

As a final price, maybe, but that upgrade is quite clearly priced at an unjustifiable markup.

7. Stephen Stagg
    Paris Hilton

@ Eddie Edwards

where did you get the 2.8% from?

To increase £12 to £29 by adding 2.8% must mean you are using some very strange number system.

By my calculations, £29 is 2.4 TIMES(240%) the value of £12, an increase of (I think) 141%.

Paris, because, well, who'se calculator were you using anyway?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like