back to article Limbo of the Lost music not stolen, claims composer

The composer of the music used in controversial adventure game Limbo of the Lost has confirmed that his music was used within the title legitimately. In an email to Register Hardware, Germany-based freelance composer Marko Hautamäki said: "I composed all the game level background music you hear in the game itself, as well as …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. AndyC

Run rabbit run rabbit

run run run...

Trying to get as far away as possible from this mess as quickly as possible. Cant really blame the guy but from the sounds of it, he doesn't have anything to worry about

2. Joe K
    Happy

And still it goes on

The NeoGaf thread is still finding places its ripped stuff from, the most hilarious of which is Beetlejuice.

Yes, the film.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310683&page=14

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I am the real...

They're hundreds of forums the world over with the username sbovis now registered, claiming they are the REAL Steve Bovis.

When the real one does turn up, nobody will believe him.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I am wondering if....

...all these games outsourced to the same graphics house, which started to get lazy :-D

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well that is good to know :)

Perhaps, that was the game concept, a game about other games. A player locked, and lost in a game world.

Who knows, but of course copyright exists, and I don't think they are going to get away with fair usage here.

Is anyone going to sue for copyright infringement?

6. Crypty
    Dead Vulture

It would be unfair to sue them if ..

They included the graphics in ignorance of the plagarism. For now I think its safe to say the only thing to do is wait. Surely the developers would have known they were going to get caught if they did this.. so It seems more likely to me that they just got blindsided by a lazy out sourced contractor. I say wait and see. If it was outsourced then it will be easy to produce contracts to that effect.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

As far as I am aware

Ignorance is not a defense when you have broken the law.

8. Anonymous from Mars

Wow.

I just finished scouring the corners of the internet to find information about this controversy, and what I found was hilarious, shocking, and mind-numbing.

Steve Bovis even goes as far as to pretend to be a beta-tester AND his daughter in forums. You can tell it's him because of the excessive "..................." and "hahahahahaha" remarks found in posts.

For a good archive of every game he stole from, including side-by-side comparisons:

http://lotl.wikia.com

Seems he's been stealing since 1995.

And dear god, watch the ending movie.

This topic is closed for new posts.