back to article Xbox 360 'eaten' by alligator

People have covered themselves and their possessions in animal skins since the dawn of time, but one gamer has taken things to another level by crafting an alligator-themed Xbox 360. Alligator_Xbox Alligator Xbox 360: swamp thing? Gamer dfw monkie - somehow we’re guessing that’s not his real name - has published pictures …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lupus

A title is required?

I'm actually somewhat inspired to mod mine into a Necronomicon... if I didn't think it'd overheat and RROD.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Soft and bulbous

So you press an eye to turn it on? An alligator's eye? Yuck.

3. Mark
    Gates Horns

Very fitting...

the tech inside is as old as the dinosaurs..

4. Scott
    Flame

I'd give it about an hour...

...before the RROD (or in this case, the REOD) popped up due to overheating.

5. thefutureboy
    Dead Vulture

Good grief...

"Hopefully game and film discs won’t be eaten by razor sharp teeth when you open the tray though… "

That's really funny. I think I may never stop laughing. Did you steal that line from Newsround or something?

6. Daniel Bennett
    Alert

RROD

Yes, Because THATS going to fix overheating issues....

7. Anton Ivanov
    Thumb Up

Re: I'd give it about an hour

That is probably the goal in the first place. It will make it look realistic. In fact it will be a proper work of art (just try to imagine the eye-button shining with a nice red ring).

8. punks unite
    Thumb Down

This story fails to deliver

I was expecting Aligators+someones house+ American Redneck = Friday hilarity type thing

Shame on you reg, shame on you

*walks away muttering and shaking head*

9. Neil

Why?

Why is this news? I painted my daughter's bedroom the other week. Surely that's just as much of a newsworthy story.

10. Nik Hill
    Joke

To all those who think it would overheat ...

... try to remember that alligators are cold-blooded animals, so it's probably a very effective cooling measure.

11. PunkTiger
    Joke

I've only one thing to say...

What a croc.

(I'm surprised no one else had said it.)

12. Ian

@ Mark

"the tech inside is as old as the dinosaurs.."

Too right, and just like an alligator it still eats more modern, less capable things alive, like say, the PS3.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hooray!

Mark's made his insecure PS3 owner comment of the day!

14. Geoff Mackenzie

That's nothing

I modded my alligator to look like an Xbox 360.

15. Robert Heffernan
    Coat

If you look...

If you look at the pictures, the ventilation holes in the console are not obstructed so the machine will still vent the heat the same as any unmodded machine.

Mines the one with the hood, facemask and 'House of Kolor' logo

16. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@Geoff

Pretty impressive! Make log:

Blow smoke in its eyes for the "red ring" effect, sand it down, paint it white.

Install small piezoelectric speakers in /near its ears.

Set up control electroniccy stuff so that the left and right speakers would fire in response to the right and left motion of the analogue stick.

Possibly two sets of piezeos- so one set would be in front of and the other behind the ear- to give some sort of forwards/backwards control too.

Anyone got a pet they'd want to try this out on?

17. Mark
    Gates Horns

@Ian

Less Capable? PS3 is vastly more capable than the ex-box360...

You only have to look at GTA IV to see that. Whilst the PS3 version is better, it's still crippled by the 360's limitations... Ever wondered about the startup on the PS3 version with the semi-static pictures, where no HDD access lights are flashing. Yep, you can thank the 360 version for that, and the common codebase, and fear of upsetting Microsoft for that one...

18. Jamie
    Linux

@ Punks unite

I have to agree, I was expecting a tale of how a alligator came in someones trailer and ate the X-Box, was even invisioning the slang and accent.

It would not be the first, worked with Comcast and a lady could not get online. Asked what lights were on on the modem and she could not answer. Asked her to follow the ethernet cable to the box and tell me what the light configuration was. She then stated that her sons snake had eaten the modem. Nuff said.

19. MrM

@Mark

You are a complete and total Tool!

Can i have a "Hear Hear"?

20. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

@Mark

YAWN YAWN AND DOUBLE YAWN!!!

You don't give up do you?

@MrM

HEAR HEARRRRRRR!!!!

Mark, prove your comments, stop throwing out Sony fanboy crap.

21. Mark
    Gates Horns

I have to ask..

DO Xbox owners actually have any education AT ALL?

First we have an AC using "Queue" instead of "Cue", and now we have "Hear Hear" instead of "Here Here".

Now I always figured Xbox owners must be slightly wrong in the head, for buying such a horribly overpriced console with such last-gen unreliable tech, but it seems we now have proof of this..

22. MrM

@Mark - Again

Oh you are quite the boffin aren't you! Unfortunately Wikipedia seems to disagree with you:

Hear hear is an expression that originated as hear ye, or hear him, usually repeated. This imperative was used to call attention to a speaker's words, and naturally developed the sense of a broad expression of favour. This is how it is still used today, although one can always vary one's tone to express different sentiments; the Oxford English Dictionary noted around the turn of the century that the phrase is now the regular form of cheering in the House of Commons, and expresses, according to intonation, admiration, acquiescence, indignation, derision, etc. It is often incorrectly spelled "here here".

Not that I am being pedantic!

23. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Halo

@Mark

It seems the tables turned upon you there! Nice find MrM!

Mark, do you not realise that you yourself are the one who bought such a horribly overpriced console, with mostly unnecessary technology and the worst lineup of games in the history of videogaming?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like