back to article Look out Al Qaeda bitches, Facebook's comin' atcha

Facebook can save the world from the power of nightmares and the threat from Osama bin Laden's minions, or so reckons its founder and CEO (...bitch) Mark Zuckerberg. Zuckerberg has a history of making outlandish claims for the world-changing powers of his website (see the "next 100 years" of media). His latest fantastical …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sceptical Bastard

Self-important prat

Words fail you? They don't me.

CEO Bitch, you are a pompous, self-agrandising wanker.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Damm that's how you solve the Middle East Issues

just sign them up and they can get rid of a thousand years of hated, by a simple game of Scrabble (TM) and being told that someone has typed the word "I'm bored" on a website....

Pillock....

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Imams and Alcohol

Surely if they're spending time with their Imam they're quite unlikely to be getting drunk, what with alcohol being forbidden and all.

Anon, cos should be working

4. Roger Kynaston
    Stop

Shame on you all you cynics

It is disgusting that this wonderful and visionary young man should be ridiculed for his sincere and, I am sure, successful attempts to bring about world peace.

The new Web 2 world is going to sweep away all the old petty differences and we can look forward to a world free from conflict where we can all be friends.

It is our duty as denizens of this brave new world to go out and help these poor people to realise the error of their ways.

5. Gianni Straniero
    Unhappy

Sarah Lacy

She really is intolerable. Here's the train-wreck as it happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZ6-O5R1zs

Possibly the weirdest dullard in software being interviewed by a relentlessly flirtatious self-publicist. What a missed opportunity.

6. Matt Thornton
    Black Helicopters

Crikey

The moment Osama bin Laden starts updating his status on Facebook is the moment I delete my account and run for the hills.

"Osama is brushing his teeth."

"Osama is trying to think of a good status message."

"Osama is fueling his planes."

7. Spleen

Hmm

To be fair, the Internet is making life difficult for oppressive governments and intolerant clerics. But I'd suggest that online news sites (so you don't have to read government propaganda) and blogs (so you can tell the world what's really going on) are doing the actual important stuff. I can't for the life of me think how Facebook could possibly make a difference. All I have is an image of a Middle Eastern lad looking at the moronic conversations and the pictures of people substituting drug abuse for pleasure and deciding "well if this is freedom, f*** it."

8. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Subtle changes make all the difference

I want to note that I have learned a lot about life in Thailand and Kenya since I reconnected through Facebook with old friends who have moved there. As a person who started using Facebook at age 33, I am not the typical user. However, I have to say that it really is a decent way of keeping up with people who are otherwise too far away for more than phone calls and email. I don't know about stopping terrorism, but in places where people can afford computers and internet connections Facebook may lead to a better understanding of life in other places for some people.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

is there no end to his "amazing abilities"

Every time I think I've seen him hit rock bottom, thanks to his mouth, he grabs a shovel and keeps digging. In my opinion, Mr. "Bitch... CEO" is irrefutable proof that one may be intelligent on paper yet developmentally challenged in every other social and personal aspect.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

facebook? lol..

Just put everyone up on an MMORPG or MMOFPS...

11. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Re: Imams and Alcohol...

I live in that part of the world (kinda), and I can honestly say there are _plenty_ of Muslims who both pray hard and party hard.

The Lebanese especially are known to have a bit of a reputation.

No slight or offence intended - just saying it how I see it.

Mine's the IED proof one in the corner....

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Whose horizons?

Perhaps the moron should broaden his own outlook and visit the place before passing judgement on what the yoof do. Contrary to his somewhat blinkered worldview, the Lebanese are not exactly known as a nation of doctrinal knuckle draggers. Given a choice between an evening of Puckerbergs facile wit or Saturday night in Beirut, there really is no contest.

This topic is closed for new posts.