back to article Dell sees red over Aids

Dell has jumped onto the (Product) Red bandwagon and created a range of red-tinted laptops and desktop PCs, sales of which go towards fighting Aids in Africa. xps_1530 Dell's XPS 1530 laptop with its sexy red shading Product (Red), which already counts Apple as a member, essentially sees high-profile electronics companies …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Karl Lattimer

wow! another dumbass company

joining up to a charity campaign that spends more money on advertising than they receive in donations... well done bono (or should I say number 2), you've created a nice little earner for yourself there, and fooled everyone into thinking it was some altruistic ideology shining through...

2. Andy

There is no AIDS in Africa

AIDS can be cured by beetroot, garlic, and African potatoes (not those crappy ones you guys in Europe have). If you don't believe me, then maybe you'll believe our minister of health (who is a real doctor if you can believe it).

Anyway AIDS is a European plot to destabilize Africa and make us dependent on your handouts. That's why its morally justified to steal the donations you make so that people on the street never see any of the money.

HIV is not conclusively linked to AIDS, despite what your European scientists may claim. Your European scientists have a colonialist agenda and are out of touch with the grassroots reality of the African experience.

According to a certain sector of our local healthcare workers , AIDS can be cured by raping a virgin. Some people disagree and prefer to use the blood of a virgin in a ritual to cure AIDS.

Save your money guys, we've got AIDS under control down here in Africa. The imperialist media has a counter-revolutionary agenda and must not be trusted.

(oh and by the way none of the above is anything I agree with, but I'm not in government so you're out of luck. what i'm really saying is that throwing money at Africa to cure AIDS is like throwing money at an elephant to stop it from charging you. It's not big, it's not clever, and it just annoys the elephant)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Andy

Mooi gesê

"Well said"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like