back to article Sony revamps Mylo mobile internet device

Sony has revamped its Mylo - My Life Online - internet access handheld, enhancing the Wi-Fi gadget's support for teen-friendly social networking sites and the like of YouTube. Gone is the toy look of the previous Mylo, replaced with a more serious look that might almost appeal to business users. The slide-out Qwerty keyboard's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

No Bluetooth?

The device doesn't appear to have bluetooth, which is a shame, and makes you wonder why it doesn't. I'm sure a lot of people would've loved to tether this to a bluetooth cellphone, or to a cheap bluetooth USB dongle on their PC which is set up as a gateway.

Also, one wonders why they didn't throw in a SD card reader. But then again, Sony would be Sony I guess. I don't think I'll be buying any more MS cards.

Lastly, I hope they have a faster CPU in this. The Clie UX50 was a beautiful piece of technology, but was hampered by Sony's sad choice of a custom 123MHz CPU instead of the then already available Intel XScale 266MHz CPU (plus combination of poor choice of software- and lack of support).

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

What?

That thing is still around? I was sure it was going to pull an nGage. Seriously - "My Life Online"? Talk about direct-translating Japanese culture without realizing that... well, you know, different drummers, beats, and all that. Right. I'll be marching off now.

3. Simon Painter
    Unhappy

Why not?

Why no put a 3G phone in it and then people can buy it instead of being suckered into buying iPhones.

4. Cameron Colley

RE: Why not?

My question exactly. I'm constantly puzzled by the number of devices of this type which don't have 3G connectivity. I realise some people prefer to have separate phone and data devices -- but some of us don't have enough pockets for that.

5. saxsux

Nokia N810, anyone?

It seems like a kiddified imitation of one anyway...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like