back to article Sony confirms Skype coming to PSP

There's no doubt now that Skype is coming to the Sony PlayStation Portable - Sony's own website, updated to preview next week's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, admits as much. "Call friends, talk trash to fellow gamers or catch up with acquaintances via Skype for PSP," the site says, letting the cat well and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy Worth

Sony - lol

I seem to remember when the rumour appeared, Sony denied it and someone here said "that meant it would probably happen". Just made me chuckle at the way Sony work.

2. calagan
    Thumb Up

Hope the PS3 will follow

That's great news. Nearly four year after its launch, this beauty still rocks!

I certainly hope that Skype for the PS3 will follow shortly, which would make the Playstation Eye more useful, once you get bored of Eye of the Judgement.

However, I'm affraid that - unless they really low down its price -, the Sony Mylo won't survive this turn of event.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

ok but.....

is it me, or is there no microphone on the psp.......

4. charles blackburn

err

i didnt think the psp had a microphone?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

go cam

It will probably use the go-cam as a mic input.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

microphone add-on

the PSP already has several 3rd party addin microphones - one came bundled with Talkman - a fairly good foreign language trainer/companion....a decent bluetooth headset with partnered plugin or a headset connected via feature connector would do the trick.

otherwise you'd have to stick it next to your head and look even more ridiculous than those n-gage users of the past! ;-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like