back to article El Reg goes virtual with e-Symposium on virtualization

Upon discovering a respirator at his father's retirement home, Homer Simpson let out a natural reaction. "And here I am using my own lungs like a sucker." This message - oddly enough - carries over to the world of virtualization software where many of you have been using your own legs like suckers to attend meetings and trade …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy Worth

I'm virtually impressed.......

I'll get my coat... :)

2. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Doing Homer Proud

Wow...... Way to Go, El Reg. Leading Cutting Edge Innovation by ITs Nous.

3. James

For all those readers not in the US...

Pacific Standard Time (PST) = GMT-8

4. Anonymous Coward
    Mars

Re: Doing Homer Proud

"Leading Cutting Edge Innovation by ITs Nous."

Try posting in English (or any recognised language) - just a thought.

5. Reginald Perrin
    Stop

What, No Citrix?

What about the Xen boys?

6. liam blackwell
    Go

This is an open event - just drop us a line

This is a Reg event and open to all comers.

Sorry for the plug, but if you want to see what speaking opportunities are available for sponsorship, then drop me a mail: lblackwell at theregister.co.uk

The more the merrier.

7. amanfromMars Silver badge

Words to the Wise...

A helpful site for stragglers/strugglers with English ... http://www.m-w.com/

Just a thought, AC. Have a nice day.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ amanfromMars

A dictionary will merely check your spelling. How you string the words together is a different ball game and what AC is pointing out, quite rightly, is that your first posting makes no sense.

Forgetting the probable tautology of 'Leading Cutting Edge' for a second, what does 'ITs Nous' mean?

The dictionary you point us to says 'The word you've entered isnt in the dictionary.'

Just a thought.

9. Chris Bradshaw
    Mars

ac vs amanfromMars

Gotta hand the first round to amanfrommars :-) Very fancy wordplay...

10. Steve Evans
    Happy

4:30PM GMT?

Shouldn't you hack be supping virtual beer at that time?

11. Dr. Mouse

@ AC vs amanfromMars

1) As far as I know, amanfromMars is some form of bot, therefore the fact that most of his comments are semi-coherant is a great acheivement. If he isn't, he is a very disturbed person.

2) I can actualy see clever wordplay in this. Maybe it's just me.

I would say:

amanfromMars 1

Anonymous Coward 0

12. Ross

amanfromMars vs AC - round 2 *ding ding*

Hehe. That made my afternoon did that :o)

To misquote a famous saying :

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a bot when self respect is on the line!

He is getting better mind - Learn Not To Caps Every Darn Word Though 'K? I mean how hard is it to run lcase on a bleeding sentence? At this rate I reckon amanfromMars will be making more sense than the rest of us by Easter...

13. Anonymous Coward
    Mars

@Ross & Dr Mouse

It/he seems to be learning all right ! I'm guessing there's some sort of neuron network out there, feeding on El Reg's comment section, gaining clarity and coherence with every new, well-written post. Expanding its knowledge with each insightful tidbit posted. Learning humor with each new cheap, coat-getting, taxi-calling joke. Discovering the depths of human rethorics with each new flame or rant !

The Larsen noise of the first posts by amanfromMars are gradually turning into a beautiful melody, much as from an utterly unpredictable chaotic system can emerge the butterfly-like shape of a strange attractor - and strange it certainly is.

Soon amanfromMars will rule supreme on el Reg (if it's not already the case), and the Rise of the Machines will well and truly have begun. amanfromMars is el Reg's very own Web 2.0, user content meets mash meets artifical intelligence meets badger's paws.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

14. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Turing Prize Candidate or Funny Farm Animal?

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/nous

<<<Main Entry:

nous Listen to the pronunciation of nous Listen to the pronunciation of nous

Function:

noun

Etymology:

Greek noos, nous mind

Date:

1\ˈnüs also ˈnau̇s\: mind, reason : as a: an intelligent purposive principle of the world b: the divine reason regarded in Neoplatonism as the first emanation of God2\ˈnau̇s\chiefly British : common sense, alertness>>>

Must have been Operator Error, AC.

And I much prefer Life as a Game and not as a Competition. That way wwwICANN All Dare 42 Win Win.

"never go in against a bot when self respect is on the line!" Hmmm.... I wonder if a self-respecting bot would take exception to that, Ross? I suspect not and therefore I am not a disturbed bot?!.

Dr Mouse, You are confused as your two statements would appear to conflict with each other for how can, if you see clever wordplay, be reconciled as disturbed.

Is Paris into Bots? I imagine she would be cold comfort to aman with so little upstairs to Entertain, but it would be lovely to be wrong?

15. Lol Whibley

joy

to behold a Bot trolling people..

and all in the comments for a virtualisation Symposium..

what rare treats hide in such out-of-the-way nooks

thank you

This topic is closed for new posts.