back to article BOFH: A tragic accident

It's an exceptionally quiet morning at Mission Control and the PFY and I are killing time by rifling through the director's PA's drawers to see if she left anything good behind when she departed the company. "Ah... excuse me?" a voice asks haltingly from behind the partition. "Yep?" the PFY asks, always willing to help out …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Brilliant!

But, I'll have to be cautious next time I'm going to interview the blokes from networks - whereas, usually it's the other way round....

EAfH

2. Dave Burns
    Thumb Up

Another quality episode

I count down the working days until another episode of BOFH and each episode gets better and better :)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

PA's drawers

Aaahh, rifling through the PA's drawers - what a diverting afternoon that can create, if memory serves !!

4. Chad H.
    Thumb Up

Was getting worried there...

The last few BOFHs were slipping a bit... Good to see a return to form.

5. Michael Born
    Thumb Up

Isn't it tragic....

How little attention is paid to work=-place safety these days (NOT!)

Personally speaking, I have to follow all sorts of rubbish to sort out my day-to=-day work, ad the H & S people tend to have a hissy-fit if you don't and I really can't be bothered to argue with them anymore, not since they removed most of the plug sockets and I can't charge the cattle-prod any more!!!

Bloody criminal if you ask me!

I even have to get permission to re-charge my mobile; phone!!!

Well done to the BOFH and the PFY for dealing with yet another company 'Insultant' in sucha professional manner...

Have a great weekend people.

6. Rob Sked
    Coat

Nasty . . . .

. . . . it gives me an idea for our auditors that are visiting at the moment!

7. Anthony Feeney
    Jobs Horns

Hypnotic

Surely the ticking off of the previous body count would have set alarm bells ringing for the auditor?

"Erm... I'll just... call back next week..." *Flees*

Or does the PFY have a hypnotic Derren Brown style voice?

"You WILL follow me to the roof..."

8. Christoph Hechl
    Thumb Up

Finally

The return of workplace hazards.

Don't mess with Systems and Networks unless you are an expert in workplace safety and unforeseen consequences...

I really have been missing this type of story.

9. Robert Grant

It's pretty much a BOFH clip show...

If those exact things didn't happen in previous BOFHs, they're close enough.

10. Byron "Jito463"
    Coat

Such a tragedy

They really should check into making that workplace a safer environment. Workplace safety is everyone's responsibility.

11. Nate
    Dead Vulture

Just how many...

...people _have_ you murdered, Simon?

Not that most of them weren't justified, of course. Perhaps they're more..."mercy killings," yes?

12. Stu
    Go

AT LAST!!!!

Its about time someone got to see the business end of the BOFH!

Ive been waiting for death, decept and intrigue for too long now!

Oh my month is complete already :D

Great as always.

Thnx

R

13. Chris
    Thumb Up

Excellent

I actually laughed out loud at the ending, great to see the guys back doing what they do best :)

14. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Aaaaah

What is a Friday without what I like to call "happy accidents"? I can think of a few users that could use such a happenstance. A lady who received a new laptop to replace her PC and then proceeded to make 15-20 helpdesk calls for very stupid stuff. She is dumb as a post and can't follow simple directions to resolve her problems and then titters about it on the phone.

I think she needs a trip down the stairwell.

15. Brendan Sullivan
    Thumb Up

Just what was needed

If only there were more stories like this in IT perhaps I wouldn't have to spend so much of my work time reminding people of how to do basic things like copying files between drives.

16. A J Stiles
    Pirate

Powdered glass

Powdered glass won't actually do you any harm if you swallow it.

OTOH, I've heard an urban legend about some London pizza delivery companies delivering something special if you ask for "extra herbs" .....

17. Brian Kelsay
    Thumb Up

They fall down stairs, alone or in pairs....

..."Some people are like slinkies; They are not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

18. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Re: Just how many...

If you really want to know, the exact bodycount is written underneath that table. Yes, the one with the really heavy printer sitting on it.

19. Rhys
    Pirate

@Brian Kelsay

That quote always puts a smileon my dial... I used to have it as my sig line for emails untill the company disabled all sig lines and insistuted a Lawyer-writtern disclaimer as the sole sig line.

Now wheres a tall stairway the manager uses.....

This topic is closed for new posts.