back to article Typo-squatting grifter faces the slammer

A cybersquatter who posed as a high-powered lawyer in a bid to trick rightful owners into handing over their domain names faces a possible prison term after confessing to the scam. David Scali, of Las Vegas, threatened to launch $100,000 trademark infringement lawsuits unless the proprietors of various internet sites gave up …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sack of monkeys

"David Scali, of Las Vegas, threatened to launch $100,000 trademark infringement lawsuits unless the proprietors of various internet sites etc"

Is www.davidscali.com free? I believe it is.

2. Biomech

Squatters Should Burn

If you ask me, as a keen web developer, all of these squatters should burn in hell anyway. I've lost count of the times I have gone to register a domain for a legitimate company only to be faced with a squatters ad fuelled search page.

3. Paul Lee

Too Right!

Cyber-squatters basically take something they don't need to extort money from people who could genuinely make use of it. This sort of selfish and immoral behaviour wouldn't be accepted anywhere else, yet on the web, people, as usual, think they can get away with acting like arseholes.

Good for David Scali. I think more of us should give the squatters a taste of their own medicine. Then maybe I wouldn't have to put up with such a rubish domain name for my business.

This topic is closed for new posts.