back to article Toddler flexibility at risk as rock stars and goats die young

Toddlers have been banned from practicing yoga in a Somerset church hall, because the activity is "unchristian" and promotes other spiritualities. The interesting image of toddlers doing yoga aside, at least one of you dove straight into the gutter: Have you seen some of these yoga mums and the clothes they wear to do yoga in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shaun Ryder's teeth

In fact you don't have to select large images. If you do an ordinary Google image search for "Shaun Ryder" the first two pictures are of this blog post:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2uwfxv

The first shot is his teeth, before he had them done. The second shot is his face, post-treatment. He has a big scabby scab on his forehead. And yet he has sold more records than you or I.

2. John Wills

The Teeth of Ryder

Those two pictures could be used to explain the difference between "horror" and "terror" to film students.

The before pic is horrific, but the after is truly terrifying.

He looks like he's about to bite your face off.

3. Alan Potter

Pedantry

@Ashley

Sorry - it's "You or me", not "You or I"

I will now go off and pedantically kill myself... which may be more painful than normal suicide.

4. Rhys

Nil Hedonism and Excess?

They could try the journalists from the Mormon newsletters and magazines they're always trying to give people after knocking on the door, as a second control group, arent the Jehovas witnesses supposed to be sober and well behaved too? :P

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Pedantically kill" is a split infinitive

Grammarian, check thyself.

6. DG

@At Alan Potter

"You or I" is correct, as is easily seen by restoring the elided completion:

"He has sold more records than you or I have."

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: "Nil Hedonism and excess?"

Jehovas witnesses??? as a life-period control group!

I'm not sure thats one of your most ingenius ideas, I mean how many doors do you think they can knock on before someone opens it and blows their heads off, for being persistently annoying??

8. GrahamT

Even more pedantically...

"pedantically kill" is not a split infinitive. The infinitive is "to kill" whereas Alan Potter said "I will go off and (I will) pedantically kill myself". "Pedantically" here is an adverb and is no more wrong than saying "...lethally injure myself". "...kill myself pedantically" might be preferred by pedantic grammarians as adverbs normally follow the verb, but it is not a "rule".

9. Colin Millar

Even most pedantically

There is no 'rule' in English against splitting infinitives. This is something that was adopted from Latin. It was invented circa mid c18 and is one of the earliest known wikipedia entries.

This topic is closed for new posts.