back to article Evesham ex-employee registers Geemore.com

Disillusioned ex-Evesham Technology workers now have a new website where the 150 or so redundant staff can vent their spleens, look for new jobs and talk about the good old days at the firm. Geemore.com has been set up with a forum for staff to stay in touch on all things Evesham-related. Surprisingly, despite the fact that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's in a name

My first thoughts were -- Geemore, what a stupid name. Surely that's a bit like Argos renaming itself Wowmore just because its puerile graphics designer insists on putting that offputtingly childish and meaningless "Wow" spacewaster on far too many pages.

Then I got to thinking ... but who is Eve, and what is sham about her? Could it have been her shamness that caused the previous company to fail ?

2. Chad H.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Perfect revenge:

Worst Case: Geemore have to go through a fight though the courts to get the domain back, causing a lot of negative publicity

Best Case: Geemore pay out a fortune which helps some ex workers gets whats due to em.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

perhaps

or in 6 months, when all the dust is settled, and the legal bunkum is over, it won't matter anyway?

4. A. Merkin

Re: What's in a Name

Obviously, the "Eve-Sham" brand was created to convey the impression that you'd always get more than you expected.

(A la "The Crying Game").

5. mike ashworth

evesham shenanigans

interesting that they are in administration yet failed ot mention this in my recent communciation with them about purchasing a new battery and charger for my laptop. would i be foolish to give them money at this time?

6. sean

Re: Re: What's in a Name

i always though evesham was set up by a lass who was really into jimmy pursey and his popular beat combo

taxi!!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

uk.com

i have to confess that maybe eveshamUK.com points there too.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title

Errr....do you think maybe they didn't bother registering it because its just a temporary holding name whilst Evesham Technology Ltd changes to something else? Get real guys - this happens all the time in business. They didn't register it because they don't want it and rightfully so; Geemore is a rubbish name.

I wish you all the best in getting the monies you're due, and hope you all find yourself back on your feet as soon as possible.

9. Gwyn Kemp-Philp

Evesham

Evesham

Try looking here

52.09 N

01.94 W

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019