back to article Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?

On 18 September, the people living in Scotland will vote in a referendum to decide if we should to slice the top off Great Britain and create a separate country. If that happens, and once the locals sober up, Scotland could be a country with universal broadband, a publicly owned postal service and mobile coverage which would be …

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: It's Troll time!

"@It's Troll time!

As an Englishman I am fully in favour of Scotland voting yes.

Why you say?

1 - Standard Life and most of the other big pension firms will move south of the border, probably to somewhere cheap with lots of drones to hire - say the North East. (making Newcastle the financial capital of the world! Muhahaha...)."

Except Standard Life has denied this.

"At the company’s AGM in May, chairman Gerry Grimstone said it was unlikely to move its thousands of employees out of Scotland."

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/standard-life-denies-plans-for-london-hq-move-1-3492860

1. Omgwtfbbqtime

Re: It's Troll time!

Unlikely to move its employees out of Scotland?

Yep much easier to sack them and get fresh ones.

Denies plans for London HQ move?

Yep much cheaper in teh Norf.

Just reading between the lines........

2. SleepyJohn

Re: It's Troll time! - it's synonym time, or not

"unlikely to move its thousands of employees out of Scotland" does not have the same meaning as "will definitely not move its business out of Scotland"

1. David McCarthy

Regulator's name?

I presume the Scottish equivalent of Ofcom would be Scofcom ... and also regulate the sales of battered Mars bars.

2. Li1t

This article mentions that Labour and Lib Dems have support traditionally in Scotland.

After the Tory/Lib Dem coalition brought us to the point that around 50% of Scottish adults are willing to leave the UK, it's likely that Lib Dem support has been completely wiped out.

Seeing Labour campaign beside the Tory and Lib Dems is only going to have a negative impact on Labour's support.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like