back to article Google goes dark for 2 minutes, kills 40% of world's net traffic

You can all relax now. The near-unprecedented outage that seemingly affected all of Google's services for a brief time on Friday is over. The event began at approximately 4:37pm Pacific Time and lasted between one and five minutes, according to the Google Apps Dashboard. All of the Google Apps services reported being back …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Or maybe . . . .

. . . a Streetview car got too close to a datacentre, and while slurping, erm, looking at if there are available wifi networks, accidentally starting a fatal loop. (Much akin to setting up 3 accounts on a VAX cluster to forward e-mails in a ring) until it fell over.

And the cry went out to IT

The internets broken.........

Alert

Re: And the cry went out to IT

... I felt a tremor in the force!

We were warned !.

Someone typed Google into Google search didn't they ?. Come on, own up !.

Maurice did warn us about this some years ago.

WTF?

Wot ? Google went offline ?

To be honest, I didn't notice. I'm one of those old fashioned persons that still stick to AltaVista. I have no G*-whatsoever account - no Gmail, no Youtube no Gdocs - no nothing. I'd rather be off- line then using Chrome. Still, my world hasn't come to an end yet. Go figure.

Re: Wot ? Google went offline ?

lol AltaVista doesn't exist any more, stop trying to be all "alternative".

maybe they tried to calculate the tax bill that they are avoiding...and the shock at the amount ( and additional laughing ) caused the outage..

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018