back to article Game designer spills beans on chubby-fancying chap with his stolen Mac

A video game designer says he's planning to cash in on his story of spying on a chubby-fancying pr0n-lover who came into possession of his stolen laptop. The London-based designer, who prefers to remain anonymous, is looking to monetise his (NSFW) Plumpergeddon blog detailing his surveillance of his Macbook Pro’s new owner. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. SD24576

Do you have one of these newfangled police crime commissioners in your area? Sounds like just the sort of thing they'd leap on to show they're 'making an impact'.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

It's No Longer "His" Laptop

Surely he's in dubious legal territory doing this. I give him ten out of ten for doing it, but the stolen laptop belongs to the insurance company once they've settled the claim. Which, according to him, they have.

So after that it's no longer "his laptop" and even if the police recover the laptop it will not be returned to him. Who'd want it back anyway?

I know this will get down voted but this guy needs to grow up and accept that being a victim of theft very often these days means the stuff they stole is gone forever. Yes I do know what it feels like. The property stolen when we were burgled has never been recovered.

For a short while we wished for all manner of hideous things happening to those responsible. Like this guy we claimed on our insurance and got replacements. Then we remembered we had lives to lead and all we'd lost was some things that got replaced. The best way forward was to put a rotten experience behind us and get on with it!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If you're robbed, remember this:

A mate of mine who's a copper comforted me after a burglary as follows: you've won. You've got a house, and stuff worth stealing. You will face some inconvenience and annoyance, but overall, your life will continue and your stuff will be replaced. In time, you'll get over it. Meanwhile, the scum who robbed you live a life of shit. Their relationships are bad, their clothes are bad, their housing is bad, their health is bad, and if they even have a job, it's usually shit. Their lives are a stressful struggle every day and they have nothing at all to look forward to except a likely early death brought on by their shit lifestyle choices. Rejoice in the fact that anyone who burgles you is doing so because their life is unimaginably shittier than yours is, and always will be, until they die young and unhappy.

Fair cheered me up, he did.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cops are lazy and target the wrong people

They spend there days targeting the normal, tax-paying citizen instead of arresting real criminals - those stealing billions from the countries economy, theives who break into your house or steal your car, corporate tax evaders, illegal migrants working in the black economy, benefit cheats, illegal trespassers - you know, the types of crimes which actually require some REAL work and actual policiing.

But no.

Instead they spend their time pointing speed camera at motorists, or nicking people for self-inflicted actions (taking recreational drugs, smoking in the wrong place, not wearing a seatbelt....). These are easy marks - people who have income, and pay taxes, and have a residence - the people the police are supposed to be protecting.

But we are are an easy to target cos they know we are honest, and pay our way in society and won't kick up a fuss.

Perhaps people would have more respect for the if they nicked some real crimials for a change.

5. Will 20

How do you prove that the Hidden application is installed on your computer, and that you didn't crack your way into someone elses machine, install it, and then claim that your computer was stolen?

On a side note - anything of value easily removable - record the serial numbers!

6. david 63

Want the police to arrive...

...phone from the same street and tell them you've recovered the your goods and the perp needs an ambulance.

The victim of a crime should never, never be placed in the wrong.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Police Triage

Police triage definately happens in my largely rural county. When it's 'interesting' in the county town (Christmas, New Year, Saturday night, etc.) most bobbies are deployed there as their presence on the streets reduces crime. At least three times that I know of this has meant there are only 2 cars (each with an officer and PCSO) to cover the whole of the rural area. If one of these cars stopped a minor offence at the start of their shift, they would have to drive up to 30 miles to the county town to incarcerate the perp and then spend a large percentage of the rest of thier shift filling in the paperwork.

PCC's need to get more bobbies on the beat!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

what, no kickstarter?

How come this guy hasn't created a kickstarter to name and shame the thief? This would be one that a lot of people would get behind. Not to pay for the laptop, mind you, but to pay for poster designs and billboard space all around the thief's location. Wouldn't that be a shock for that guy to leave the house and see his "O-face" plastered on every corner. Maybe even at the bus stop for added hilarity.

9. let go of attachment

Hidden Stupidity

Why are these laptop owners who are smart enough to use a program like Hidden so utterly stupid as to think the thief is going to be the one who uses the laptop from then on? The likelihood of that is minimal. So they go to all the time and trouble of humiliating the new owner, who may be a seedy character in their private life but is just as much an unwitting victim of the original crime as they are. How stupid is that? The only one laughing at both of them is the thief, who would have sold the laptop on straight away.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like