back to article Gay-bashing cult plans picket of Steve Jobs funeral

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) have announced their intention to protest at the funeral of Steve Jobs, in a Twitter message sent via an iPhone. The group, best known for their rainbow "God hates fags" signs and web page, are claiming the action is in response to Jobs not using his wealth to promote their …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Anonymous Coward

I for one...

find comfort in the fact that they damn themselves with their own rhetoric. If they bothered to read past the bits in the bible that they like to use to condemn their fellow man they might have stumbled on this bit..

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

I find it baffling that some people can base their ideology on a book written over 2000 years ago. I very much feel that anyone who chooses to ignore the social progress made over the course of the last two thousand years doesn't deserve to benefit from it; i.e. no cars, no running hot/cold water, no central heating, no aeroplanes, no vaccinations or hospital surgery treatment. In many respects these WBCs share similar traits with the minority of Islamic crazies who want to impose sharia law. The sooner we can pack these lot onto the 'B' Ark the better off we will be.

A picture is worth a thousand words

http://www.popehat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Thank-God-for-Dead-Westboro-Baptist-Members.jpg

That is all.

this is a church? May be the should read that Bible they are waving around. Ignorant bastards!

God hates?

Hate is a human concept. In fact, most of the traits attributed to God are human ones. Even the 'He' part. How can God have a gender? Why would an omnipotent super-being feel the need to be worshiped or praised. Surely that is only for egotists - humans.

The fact is that God was created by man in his own image - not the other way around!

When people don't understand something, they make up explanations, and then stand around nodding in agreement. I wonder if earthworms have theories about motor cars?

AN Ironic Medal for these guys!

These guys deserve the thanks of all atheists and freethinkers, and sensible people generally, including myself, for their incredible work - vocally and hilariously illustrating the folly of literal belief in the writings of any self-appointed diety, or representatives thereof.

Hopefully nobody will tell them that their absurd, ill-disguised malice does no good to their cause.

Their rustic stupidity reveals the essence of all irrational beliefs, which beneath their saccharine-sweet veneer lies falsehood, oppression and corruption.

Unhappy

Please don't think that Westboro Baptist Church are representative of all Christians

Because they aren't. They have more in common with the Pharisees of Jesus time than with Jesus himself. If I had seen the first TV programme about them I would have told Louis Therouix (when I had the chance to speak to him at the BBC's offices) exactly the same. _RCH_ has it right the church should be spreading good news not attacking people. The Old Testament also specifies it to be a sin to wear clothing of two materials, so where's the protest group against the wearing of poly-cotton shirts and blouses?

The gospel is Good News, and what WBC promote isn't the gospel.

Facepalm

don't bother

it's in the interest of the pseudo-intellectual left leaning sections of the media to tar all Christians with the same brush, especially when you get a bunch of crazies like these.

having said that, these inbred dodos have done a good job of distancing themselves from other Christian denominations.

Happy

The can picket me when I die

I'd be only too happy to join in the company of Jobs by being picketed by the Westboro Church when I die

FAIL

Religious people. They're all nuts.

If Osama bin Laden can (could) claim to be a Muslim despite all he's done, then these nutjobs can claim to be Christians despite their behaviour. Once people suspend their logic in order to believe in a sky-fairy, then its only a little jump to suspending all other logic as well.

(Hello to the NSA people who are reading this because of the trigger words!)

Silver badge

So are you saying you have to be stupid to believe in god ?

Devil

American Beauty

“We're not against technology; we're against using it to promote what God hates.”

Well, they do say that the worst homophobes are still in the closet...

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017