back to article YouTuber cements head inside microwave oven

A YouTube stunt imbecile was rescued by firefighters yesterday after cementing his head inside a microwave. The video of the incident, titled I cemented my head in a microwave and emergency services came.. (nearly died), can be found on the TGFbro channel, as part of an "Extreme Christmas Calendar" series. It has gained more …

Silver badge

Re: Learning from Experience

"What was left of the blade of the hacksaw they found by the cable bridge looked ... interesting."

Don't just tell half the story. What was left of the would-be thief and where was that found?

Anonymous Coward

Re: Learning from Experience

You should stand on your office chair obviously... Don't forget to oil the casters too so they don't squeak. Record it for YouTube as well - we'd love to see the resulting, err, Christmas lights!

Instruction unclear. Got d*ck stuck in the ceiling.

Silver badge

But, but, but... the likes!!!

They should have just turn the microwave on... to loosen the filler...

Can't turn it on while the door is open / removed.

... now that's security.

Silver badge

Can't turn it on while the door is open / removed.

... now that's security.

Screwdriver in each of the holes where the door catches would go (has to be both as you have to operate both interlock switches), and you're fine...

...fine dust blowing across the floor if you happen to discover that those switches (used to) contain mains power and while it theoretically shouldn't be possible you managed to put the screwdriver in contact with phase...

Silver badge

Am I the only one who, after watching this, feels a little bit less proud about being a member of the human race?

Silver badge

Speak for yourself, I self-identify as a dog.

Oz
Holmes

With a name like SkippyBing I'd have expected you to self-identify as a Kangaroo ;-)

TRT
Silver badge

SkippyBing! Sounds a bit like a broken clockwork microwave timer.

Anonymous Coward

Self-identify as a dog you say? Time to pay a little visit to the vet I think. snip snip.

Silver badge

Cuz, you still hang out with those idiot shaved apes. Us wolves know better.

Silver badge

Self-identify as a dog you say? Time to pay a little visit to the vet I think. snip snip.

Come on over here, monkey-boy, and try that. http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/photo/growling-wolf-royalty-free-image/138699017?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect

Damn shaved apes, small ears, small nose, no fangs... and no sense.

Silver badge

I self-identify as a dog.

Why be a dog when you could just as easily pretend to be a cat? All it takes is to be able to successfully fake affection until the treats/food/attention is delivered..

Oh - and the desire to cough up furballs in the middle of the landing carpet so that the unwitting food-provider walks over them in bare feet in the middle of the night.

Silver badge

Us wolves know better

Don't know whether it's true but one wildlife expert told me that wolves *hate* domesticated dogs. They think it's something to do with that they smell "off" compared to a wolf, but enough like a wolf to trigger the "must kill/drive away the diseased wolf"..

Having said that, when we visited a wolf sanctury, my wife and I were the only ones that the wolves licked the hands of[1] - although that might have been in more of a "I'll get a taste now to remember for later when we get free" sense. Either that or "you smell of small furry crucnchy cat-things"..

[1] The wolves (all undomesticated but raised in captivity and/or rescued from zoos) wore a harness with chains being held by two separate people. The wolves were allowed to select which people they wanted to greet. Most people just got a sniff, we got licked. There was a strict "no greeting the wolves if you think you are pregnant" rule for the women - apparently the wolves pay them lots more attention than the sanctury were happy with..

Silver badge

Damn shaved apes, small ears, small nose, no fangs

But an unfortunate desire to play with mixing fire and metal ores to make pointy things..

Silver badge
Coat

"With a name like SkippyBing I'd have expected you to self-identify as a Kangaroo"

That's a bit roo'd

On the Internet nobody knows your a dog.

TRT
Silver badge

Re: On the Internet nobody knows your a dog.

Pr0n0 time...

Boom-chikka-chihuahua

Anonymous Coward

I am a male presenting, trans-gendered lesbian.

Silver badge
Black Helicopters

Nope

Not only do they know you are a dog. They have the licence plates of all the cars you have chased.

Silver badge
Unhappy

Why be a dog when you could just as easily pretend to be a cat? All it takes is to be able to successfully fake affection until the treats/food/attention is delivered..

Mine prefers jumping on your bed in the middle of the night, then running off. From the highest point in the room. Right to your guts.

And if that doesn't work expect to find any exposed body parts have had a visit from Santa. Santa CLAWS that is. (actually we now call the little devil "satan claws")

Oh - and the desire to cough up furballs in the middle of the landing carpet so that the unwitting food-provider walks over them in bare feet in the middle of the night.

Mine went one better. Getting into bed after a long day, very tired, roll over towards the middle and wtf? Cat had decided to get the hairball out while she was under the blankets!

(El Reg, your icon department lets us down by not having a suitable icon for such levels of disgust!)

Silver badge
Headmaster

On the Internet nobody knows your a dog.

That's ok, they don't know my B dog either. My C dog on the other hand....

This post has been deleted by its author

Anonymous Coward

Attention seekers

As a natural introvert, I've always passionately hated attention seekers. When it got serious enough to call emergency services, why did they keep the camera rolling? Was it an emergency or not? The sort of thing you from five year olds, when mummy is not looking at them wiping their own arse or something. Truly truly pathetic.

Silver badge

Gives new meaning to "Blockhead"...

Many emergency medical calls involve people who have spent decades doing stupid things to their bodies. This guy just packed a lifetime worth of such into a single afternoon.

Silver badge

I never expected

"spackling paste"

How do you spackle with it?

I did eventually give in and consult WikiP. Ho Hum.

Cement heads

The stunt was redundant, they were already cement heads to begin with

Pulls up a seat at the freakshow next to the ghost of George Carlin ...

So who's on next?

Silver badge

Inexperienced

Clearly these clowns have little experience of home decorating and the consequent filling that requires.

Polyfilla is made with Portland cement and limestone, the limestone gives it a degree of elasticity so that it sands well but resists knocks that would crack and break cement. That makes it much more difficult to break up a large chunk of it, particularly when contained in a tin box.

For some humans, having a bigger brain than other primates just enables them to feck up with a little more imagnation.

Anonymous Coward

A YouTube stunt imbecile

ah, but what a blessing for media, particularly on Friday morning! More imbeciles! More clicks! More stupid comments!

ok, never mind the comments...

Silver badge

Bah!

Damn. I was expecting to read:

Firefighters simply plugged in the microwave and set it to "potato (mushy)". After jumping around for a bit with sparks from his amalgam fillings shooting out of the breathing tube, the idiot's head exploded, shattering the cement and allowing the microwave to be salvaged almost undamaged.

Anonymous Coward

You laugh, you criticize, you condescend

But most of you have no idea what it's like to live in Wolverhampton. He was probably hoping to die

How dumb can you get?

I'm embarrassed for the human race. They should have left him there. No one would question it.

(ps: It's time to update the emojis. Animation would be nice.)

Silver badge
Flame

Re: How dumb can you get?

(ps: It's time to update the emojis. Animation would be nice.)

Time to update the number of downvotes we can give - you need one for "animation", one for "would be nice", and a dozen for "emojis".

At least.

Per commentard..

Silver badge
Flame

This video should be demonetised

All the money this has raised, possibly the whole channel, should be removed and given to some suitable charity.

Anonymous Coward

Any reason why they saved him?

Surely they're not like Doctors and bound by the Hippocratic oath?

Silver badge

They should send him the bill

When the victim is 100% to blame for his own need for help, he should pay for their services - plus a surcharge to help defray the cost of providing services to those who need them through no fault of their own.

Then maybe people would think twice about doing such things. Or maybe they'd think twice about calling for help, but if he'd died at least we wouldn't have to worry about him doing something equally stupid next month once he cashes in from all the views his video generates (I specifically didn't watch because I don't want to pay an idiot for being an idiot - the exception would be if he had a video where he castrated himself so he wouldn't impose his obviously inferior genes on the human gene pool)

Silver badge
Coffee/keyboard

Just another..

Just another Johnny Knoxville wanna be.

And, no, I'm not viewing the vid. Wouldn't want to support the behavior by giving them what they want.

Anonymous Coward

Satan make me famous he begged!

and so was born the legend of

The Muppet In the Microwave Mask

Trollface

Was he plastered?

FAIL

Response to BBC reporter

A response is here. To quote the end part...

"

Reporter: There are some people who've seen what you've done and think, "what a complete idiot. You're time wasting for the fire service". What would you say to those people?

Jay Swingler: I don't care! Like. There... what about people who drink and drive? What about people who drink and start fights in the street at night? Is that not wasting police time as well?

In fact I wasn't wasting their time. They saved my life.

"

It's a compelling argument! Although, not wishing to pick nits, but no one ever said he was wasting _police_ time, since they weren't called. But otherwise, a rock solid square lump of an argument.

Honestly, when I heard about that flat-earther launching himself in a rocket to prove the Earth's flatness the other week, I did not think someone would out stupid him so soon.

And re people arguing about various dangerous things other people get up to, such as riding motorcycles fast, etc, they do at least have a "fun" factor to them. Ride bike crazy fast... dangerous... but you can see the fun and excitement.

Stick head in bag in cement in broken microwave. Wait for it to set. Nope... call me old fashioned, but I'm really not seeing how that works for anyone, although I'm possibly more troubled that this clown has a YouTube channel and presumably people watch it? Why? Exactly how dull does your life need to be that looking at that would be worthwhile?

Grumpy grump. Lawn etc etc.

Bronze badge
Thumb Down

The things people have to do in order to achieve some kind of "attention" ...

Some people dress provocatively, while some people stick their head in a microwave full of cement.

I D I O T

Awards?

Darwin award? No

Blockhead of the year award... yes. In more than one sense.

Anonymous Coward

Just as there is an offence for wasting police time, there should be one for this. Morons - as a tax payer I'm funding this....,

Silver badge

Go to duckduckgo, look up "cutting wheel" and "disk cutter". What do you see? Serious question ... do they adjust the results according to the local vernacular of the user? Would make some sense, but might get a trifle confusing sometimes ... first of all, define "local" :-)

I normally use DDG but normally with JS turned off. I did the previous searches with google for some odd reason. Hopefully that'll mean my search is a bit more "pure" in this case as I didn't pollute it.

Here are the first 4 results for "cutting wheel" via DDG with JS On. Please excuse my not linkifying the links :)

https://www.amazon.com/Cutting-Wheel/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ACutting%20Wheel (various cutting disks mostly 4.5", about half-way down the page is something closer to what you're referring to I think)

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5574933636&toolid=10001&campid=5336728181&customid=&icep_uq=cutting+wheel&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg (first few are for much smaller wheels, larger tools start later in the page)

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/cutting-wheel.html (mainly 4.5 -7" on the first few lines, some not identified by size)

http://www.cutting-wheels.com/ (their graphics show lots of large cutting tools)

I'll change browser (from Pale Moon to Waterfox) for the next search - DDG with JS for "disk cutter" (with quotes, both searches, btw). First 4 results :

https://duckduckgo.com/y.js?u3=https%3A%2F%2Fr.search.yahoo.com%2Fcbclk%2FdWU9RjRCRjkwMzQ4RUMyNENBQyZ1dD0xNTEyOTA1Mjk1NDc4JnVvPTc5MDk2MTM4MjExNjA5Jmx0PTImZXM9dXZUYmN0NEdQUzhXQ2ZxcQ%2D%2D%2FRV%3D2%2FRE%3D1512934095%2FRO%3D10%2FRU%3Dhttps%253a%252f%252fwww.bing.com%252faclick%253fld%253dd39aVSue6nqMeI_pZjsYHnijVUCUyDHUntYx9DJJcKKzEM394al%2D794ONJx_ms7v7BHDPl4o1EaKdEWe9NVa91XVQPS2%2DAuWbKiz%2Ddq7B2tI5RxRFjmkH87R4Q138XfTGLJVd6hZCU5MDQG2Q60aHrKEECZ3lxyRmCcTpHDEFQ22bUaE0V%2526u%253dhttp%25253a%25252f%25252f19.xg4ken.com%25252ftrk%25252fv1%25253fprof%25253d571%252526camp%25253d157594%252526affcode%25253dcr5364187%252526kct%25253dmsn%252526kchid%25253d160000636%252526cid%25253d79096138211609%252526queryStr%25253d%25252520%25252522disk%25252520cutter%25252522%252526kdv%25253dc%252526criteriaid%25253dkwd%2D79096146864946%25253aloc%2D134%252526adgroupid%25253d1265537954570837%252526campaignid%25253d291320625%252526locphy%25253d2510%252526url%25253dhttp%25253a%25252f%25252fwww.cooksongold.com%25252fJewellery%2DTools%25252f%2DRange%25253dDisc_Cutters%25252f%2DSize%25253d0%25252f%2DType%25253d0%25252f%2DBrand%25253d0%25252f%2DFont%25253d0%25252f%252526prdsearch%25253dy%25253f%2FRK%3D2%2FRS%3Dmx3m0pTGk9R0YCTLjS.u.C98YOw%2D (advert for jewellery tools)

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5574933636&toolid=10001&campid=5336728181&customid=&icep_uq=disc+cutter&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg (seems to be all small stuff like you mention)

https://www.etsy.com/market/disc_cutter (as above)

https://www.amazon.com/disk-cutter/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Adisk%20cutter

Most of the first lot of DDG results agree with you on this, only about 3/4 of the way down did I start to see stuff referring to the larger power tools.

Slight difference with turning JS off but that may be altered due to my previous search. I see an Alibaba link come into the #6 spot for larger blades, then about 15 or so a reference to farm machinery.

Interesting results - different search engines give very diiferent results. DDG is my main engine of choice but I use google if I am not seeing what I wish (DDG struggles with limiting searches to NZ sites, which may also be impacting on the results in this case).

Depends on where you live and who you ask. A few years back "scientists" published results of a study where they claimed they'd recently discovered NZ had 4 english dialects. I could name several more than that just from growing up - with differences based on race, church affiliation/religion, what sort of town you were in (smaller rural, dormitory, larger city etc), age group, type of school (public etc, poor/rich and so on), type of work (farming vs office vs mechanic vs....) and a whole lot of other factors. Some NZ accents are actually quite different to others, eg anyone in the North Island can pick someone from Gore (vs Invercargil) based on how they pronounce certain words or sounds.

So not too surprising even in supposedly standardised industries you can find significant differences in definitions. Especially when we have most of the Pacific between us!

(Made the mistake of leaving a couple of the wrong bits of JS on, 4th time through that captcha bullshit (at least 4th time, so far) - about time a tech site got that shit fixed isn't it El Reg? It also does stupid stuff like wiping out the text of the message and often breaking the reply link, such as in this case!))

Silver badge

I see el reg is getting articles from the comment section.

Silver badge

Is he handing over his income from this 'stunt' to some blue light related charity?

Should have helped out this particular fud by tipping him in the nearest deep body of water. Concrete oven would have worked well at that point.

YouTube? Not surprised.

Sometimes when I watch YouTube I get an urge to cement my head into a microwave instead.

The videos which really annoy me aren't the pillocks like this, it's when I'm trying to find out how to do something - let's say "Bold text in Word" and I get a helpful video which starts off

"Hi! I'm Tad Bratwurst! <Don't care who you are just tell me the keyboard shortcut> Thank's for watching this video <Get on with it> and if you like it, don't forget to subscribe to my channel <Not looking likely Tad> Today I'm gonna show how to bold some text in Word. <Evidence thus far not terribly supportive of that claim, Tad> This is a common problem. I've had lots of friends ask me this <You need a more diverse set of friends>. It's really quite easy and you can do it in less than a second <And yet we're 4 minutes into this video> First of all, you need to have Word installed on your PC.... [Several minutes later] SO as you can see all you have to do is Click File, open your file, press ctrl-F to find your text, drag with your mouse from left to right - some people say right to left works too, I'm not sure, it doesn't always seem to work with this mouse then click Home on the Ribbon, sorry , on the Toolbar, make sure the font face and size are the ones you want, if they aren't I show you how to change them in one of my other MasterClass Videos, and then click the bold icon. Hope you enjoyed that, that's all for today, and don't forget to subscribe!"

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018