back to article My plan to heal this BROKEN, BREXITED BRITAIN

[The following memo was found in a pilates studio in Shoreditch earlier this month, and forwarded to us anonymously. It is sourced to "BV Strategic Relations”, a highly secretive firm apparently registered in Panama, which describes itself as a "bespoke crisis management consultancy to governments”. The authenticity of the memo …

Page:

1. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

Re: I'm a leaver

"You do realise that the scope of EU regulation is very narrow - almost entirely about terms of business, terms which two trading companies/countries would have to negotiate anyway. If you think that leaving the EU is going to see a bonfire of laws, think again."

"Newspapers" like the Sun have played people for many years. I don't think many Brits know how EU actually works. EU has just become a proxy for anything that we'd like to complain about, and a general hate-object. It's become a useful windmill for people like Boris to fight in order to appear brave and resourceful. (And where IS Boris?)

1. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

Re: I'm a leaver

"but reading some comments from them about how "lazy brits claim benefits while hard working immigrants are a boon to the country" make me want to puke, because change the word 'brits' to the word 'jews' and you have the all the words from a previous generation's hatred of one group of people.. "

If the Brits were a vulnurable and powerless minority, I would agree. But they aren't, so I don't.

1. tfewster
    Thumb Up

@P.Lee Re: I'm a leaver

Thank you for your courteous and reasoned response - I admit that I don't follow EU political wrangling well enough to have spotted that. I might argue that your points apply to any unit bigger than a village, so I still think that democracy is the least-worst alternative ;-)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Civilisation

When Ghandi (hardly the saint he was painted) was asked what did he think of Westen Civilisation he is reputed to have said that it would probably be a good idea. From the non-binding referendum too close result and all the crap that has been said about it it I think I can see what he meant.

I'll get my coat it's the one with the UK's unwritten constitution in the pocket

3. TheJokker

I guess there are some in the UK who would prefer relinquishing control of governance to faceless, unelected bureaucrats in Brussels. Self governance is over-rated, right? Who really needs control over one's self destiny? The majority of Englishmen and Englishwomen are basically peasants who "need" elites to control their lives.

1. Teiwaz

Elites?

You prefer the 'elites' who grew up at Eton etc. then? Our home-grown 'elites' are way more divorced from the majority of Englishmen and women than the european variety, and we have our own unelected bureaucrats who seem to have more say in the decisions of the UK than those of europe.

4. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

Boris the shirker

I just knew Boris would not take any responsibility for the mess he made.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like