back to article Adobe kills Creative Suite – all future features online only

Adobe had been expected to demo Creative Suite 7 at its MAX conference down in smoky Los Angeles on Monday, but instead announced there'll be no more versions of its boxed software and that the Creative Suite brand will cease to exist. All CS apps updates will only be added to its Creative Cloud suite, and Adobe showed off some …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. tempemeaty
    Devil

Avarice

Dictionary dot com

av·a·rice

noun

insatiable greed for riches; inordinate, miserly desire to gain and hoard wealth.

Adobe knows human behavior is to refuse change and that they have a lock in with Commercial art. In the colleges and the studios there is only one accepted software for what Adobe delivers and it's theirs, now they are taking advantage of you with it.

1. ecofeco Silver badge
      Joke

Re: Avarice

BOHICA - bo-hee-ca

verb

Bend over here it comes again.

3. Yaro

Being a favorable Linux user, I actually prefer my software to be online, but managed.

However, I am *very* much against the so-called "Cloud." Largely for the fact I see far too many liabilities for far too little benefits. Adobe is already demonstrating, quite well, one of the big liabilities of the cloud, in pulling this. I prefer paying for my sofware *once* and only *once.* Not pay a software developer repeatedly to be able to use my computer how I like, aside from normal ISP costs, of course.

All that said, sometimes I can appreciate holding physical media in my hands because then I know I generally will only be dependent on myself for getting its data. I still am fine with getting my software online so long as my software isn't being held hostage for a regular fee (That and none of the software I use is on the "cloud." And I will make sure to keep it that way.)

As I am not a professional graphics user, I'm never needed to use Photoshop, ever. GIMP handles my needs very well.

4. Irony Deficient

“pouse”?

Iain, the pouce was the pre-metric French inch, one twelfth of the pied du roi. (There was a “metric pouce” in the mesures usuelles, but it was only used in the retail trade.) Citizen Bonaparte measured 5 pieds 2 pouces 4 lignes, or (slightly over) 1.687 m, which corresponds to a bit above 5 feet 6 inches 5 lines in the pied des rosbifs.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

Seems Adobe believes their own propaganda though...

I actually had a very firm "chat" with my local Adobe office a month ago with respect to this matter.

A senior Adobe sales representative had called me to preach their Creative Cloud offerings. She claimed that it was more "economical" than their boxed solutions of the past and et cetera. What?

(A) We've been utilizing a dozen copies of CS3 since 2007. Each license cost us USD 1,400.00 at launch and said license allows us to use the product for as long as we see fit. That's USD 233.33 a year to date. You'll find that "Creative Cloud for Teams" costs at least three times that amount.

And that's an amount which is further subject to review on a yearly basis.

(B) No Adobe, we do NOT need every single damned product under your umbrella in order to function our business. We are perfectly fine with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat. We do not see it as "value added" having a ton and a bit of applications we do not use. We see it as a complete waste of money.

(C) Upon hearing earlier in the year that Adobe was headed in this direction we actually upgraded all of our licenses to CS6 which enables us to shun away from Creative Cloud for as long as it is possible to do so. We have used CS3 for six years... I don't see why we can't use CS6 for just as long if not longer.

(D) It's obvious that Adobe has lost touch with reality and firmly believes that every single business in the creative industry is swimming in cash. It's a hugely competitive arena and there are many who barely survive. Both I and my finance controller will definitely sleep better at night if we don't have to worry whether or not we can afford our upcoming yearly license renewals because that'll be a pretty shitty situation of "if we upgrade, we're in the minus; if we don't, we can't work".

So to sum it up...

Adobe: F*ck you.

(P.S. We need Linus's iconic nVidia-Middle-Finger as an icon here...)

1. mitch 2
      Thumb Up

Re: Seems Adobe believes their own propaganda though...

+1 for Linus icon

6. Eeyore3061
    FAIL

Oh, so that's where the HP Tablet Upper Management landed....

Oh, so that's where the HP Tablet Upper Management landed .. because we know what you need better than you do.

7. Huckleberry Muckelroy

That is some really dumb shit

That is some really dumb shit. So you can only be creative with Adobe if you let you artistic tools reside in their megacloud under Corporate Control.

8. Mitoo Bobsworth
    Mushroom

This WILL bite them in the arse.

I work in the print/publishing industry and for me, everything from CS4 on has been bells & whistles. Most CS users I know are still using 5, & most Design/Ad houses & Mag publishers I work for are still running it. Seems Adobe have become too comfortable in their monopolistic statehood. Perspective works both ways, but theirs appears only to work inwardly these days. Time for some heads to roll methinks.

1. keithpeter Silver badge
      Boffin

Re: This WILL bite them in the arse.

"I work in the print/publishing industry and for me, everything from CS4 on has been bells & whistles."

Until a few years ago there was a jobbing printer in Birmingham who had a Quadra complete with Syquest hard drives to drive his plate making machine. Would only take TIFFs.

Ink on paper is a conservative industry. There still seems to be plenty of ink getting onto paper as well. Good potential for a paid for linux end to end system developed specifically for printers? (the pendulum swings)

9. cordwainer 1
    WTF?

The problem as always is that "one size fits all" doesn't....

A monthly fee works for many companies, may even be more cost-effective. For others, it's untenable, possibly to the point of financial impossibility. Many will no longer be able to stay upgraded to the "latest" version, because they can't afford to go on paying forever.

I paid, happily, for my copy of CS5. It was an investment, and well worth it. But I can't afford a never-ending ever-increasing monthly payment.

Well, OK: I expect that, to an extent, when it comes to overhead, e.g., electricity, rent, etc.

I don't expect it, or intend to incur it, when it comes to purchasing "tools." Nor do I believe it is fair for a company to "sell" newer, better tools ONLY to those who can afford to make larger and larger "payments" forever, yet never end up owning anything.

Obviously, if Adobe sticks to this decision, "renting" Adobe tools will become the only option. As a result, If a company or individual can't pay a monthly fee for however long they are in business, or however long they need the Adobe tools they currently use, they will either be forced eventually to give up Adobe tools completely or, if dependent on them, go out of business.

How does that benefit anyone, even Adobe? And why can't they offer both options, for that matter?

Companies are not only trying to lower day-to-day expenses, they want more control over FUTURE costs. It's no longer affordable - or practical - for any but the largest corporations to be at the mercy of arbitrary price and fee increases when it comes to business-critical tools and functions, including software and IT in general. Even the "warhorses" of enterprise software are starting to lose market share in favor of open-source alternatives, customizable and controllable in-house or with minimal outside assistance.

Yes, a subscription model works beautifully for many. It is the best and only option for some. However, where it doesn't work - where it doesn't "fit" - it tends to fail miserably.

I have to wonder if there aren't hidden costs as well. For example, what are the tax advantages/disadvantages of purchase vs. subscription? Is there as big a tax write-off or deduction for a software subscription as there is for the purchase of something like Adobe CS? And so on.

If "cloud" madness continues to infect those who make some of the best "tools" on the market - to the point companies and individuals can no longer purchase tools they've used for years, but only rent them - a majority may have no choice but to look at and/or switch to tools from other manufacturers.

(Psst...All you graphic software companies out there? Your biggest competitor just knocked themselves out of the running where product PURCHASE is concerned. So go for it. Good luck. We're all counting on you.)

1. keithpeter Silver badge
      Boffin

Re: The problem as always is that "one size fits all" doesn't....

"Companies are not only trying to lower day-to-day expenses, they want more control over FUTURE costs."

And they presumably want to access legacy project files. How different are the file formats? Is there a guarantee that (say) a PSD from Photoshop 3 will always be openable? What happens 20 years down the line when Adobe goes bankrupt and they switch the servers off?

"Is there as big a tax write-off or deduction for a software subscription as there is for the purchase of something like Adobe CS?

Aha, yes, no more rolling software into the capital budget in UK Colleges... that will be fun as non-pay recurrent budgets are a bit thin at present.

10. Martin Pittaway

BroadBand Streaming = Income Streaming = Business Opportunity!

I am a UK Mac Technician with just over 100 active accounts that I look after, and of that 100, there are over half that are still coping with a broadband speed of less than 1 MBps. Some of my BT customers in villages such as Catworth, Cambridgeshire, don't even get a broadband signal part of the day. I have a customer who has just gone off to the desert of Chile for a year on a research trip. How does Adobe expect to service these customers who rely on CS for their work if when the Cloud version calls for authentication there's no internet connection to authenticate by?

And then of course you've got to pay by the month for your license!

Remember FreeHand and PageMaker. Perhaps there's a business opportunity here.

1. Gray
      Thumb Up

Re: BroadBand Streaming = Income Streaming = Business Opportunity!

==> "Remember FreeHand and PageMaker. Perhaps there's a business opportunity here."

Back in the PageMaker days, there was another DTP app with a strong print industry interface and capabilities: ReadySetGo! by Manhattan Graphics. It was acquired by a megacorp and allowed to rot on the vine, until a UK company bought it, where it has survived to this day as a very capable app. My weekly newspaper/printing shop used it exclusively for composition and page layout for years. Check http://www.diwan.com/english/products.htm for both Mac and Windows versions.

11. Mike Green
    Holmes

If you can cope with a Photoshop-like product without it actually being Photoshop, I can heartily recommend Photoplus from www. serif.com. It is by far the closest I have come across to a clone, and is only 70 quid. They even have a cut down version free on their website. I tried GIMP and it is just so behind on features and development is so slow I just gave up on it in the end. PSPlus is so much faster than PS for batch editing pics too. Inkscape is very nice for an AI replacement. It's lacking in some features, but better in other areas, so it's swings and roundabouts. Make the break for it while you can!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Monthly licensing is just not realistic for us

I work in a large corporate and the last Adobe software we had bought was 5 copies of CS5 of which I principally used Photoshop (for graphics) and Fireworks (for prototyping). I used to use Gimp (on Linux and Windows) and Paint.NET (and still use Paint.NET on home PC).

These Adobe products were superb and did (and still do) everything we need to do in terms of graphics work and in saving time (which is the most important). I love Fireworks for prototyping and it allowed a quick 1 hour turnaround for UI design with customers on quite complex layouts. The free products in comparison (including Gimp) don't even come close to Photoshop and Fireworks.

I was quite underwhelmed with subsequent releases as it didn't warrant the price - plus we were a bit miffed of some of the discounts offered to "students" etc in comparison.

In our company we have to raise purchase orders and invoices etc - and it's quite involved. The monthly subscription just doesn't work in that case. (It would take a while to get purchasing to raise those monthly orders)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Monthly licensing is just not realistic for us

You maybe a bit miffed to read that Fireworks is getting canned then.

http://blogs.adobe.com/fireworks/2013/05/the-future-of-adobe-fireworks.html

13. peter ashworth

when users start to get less work than they used to ...

what happens when they cannot afford the monthly fee anymore ....

i for one do not like renting software, i like to know it is there when i need it, end of ...

14. Alan Potter 1

One small customer lost

Okay, I am just a hobbyist who "lashed out" to buy Photoshop CS5 a couple of years ago. I'm not a big account that Adobe is going to care about... but when CS5 is too out-of-date to continue using it I'm not going to be going into the software rental market.

It's only one future sale that Adobe has guaranteed they won't be getting, but I suspect it's not the only one

15. Psycho Flump
    Thumb Down

Bye bye Adobe

When I went freelance last year I looked at CS vs. CC. I use two Adobe applications: Photoshop and Illustrator (grudgingly, I'll always prefer Freehand, RIP).

1. I don't need access to all of Adobe's stuff

2. I don't want to pay for something I'm never going to use

3. I don't want my files held to ransom

4. I don't want to tie myself into an ever-spiralling monthly cost*

*I give it two years before Adobe double their prices, just long enough for users to build up a reasonable back-catalogue of files.

1. Havin_it
      Linux

Re: Bye bye Adobe

Still using FreeHand (MX) quite happily here, under WINE. PDF export is falling behind a bit noticeably now, but it's still my go-to for vector work.

Fireworks MX still serves me well too - I'll reach for it before GIMP, that's for sure.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Some clarifications

I'm not going near the question of Creative Cloud pricing, but I can dispel some myths:

1) The mandatory move to CC only affects those products we have in the current "CS6" range. Bundled products without a CS6 badge (including Lightroom and Acrobat, plus all the "Elements" versions) will continue to be available under perpetual licenses as they are now, and there are NO plans to change that.

2) Enterprise and educational licenses for CC will be available, in addition to the current personal and team plans. Rollout of CC to multiple machines will be a lot simpler than it seems, and you can run CC alongside any previous version of CS or point product with the sole exception of Acrobat.

3) CC normally pings the activation server once every 30 days. It will run offline for 60 days before deactivating, and there are plans to support users who may be offline for several months at a time. CC desktop apps do *not* run in the cloud so your files don't need to be uploaded for editing, nor is the computing done on the CC network (actually CC runs on Amazon's platform),. There are new features which do of course require a live Web connection (for example the ability to download and install any of the TypeKit fonts on demand, or publishing to Behance) but anything you can do now offline, you can still do offline with CC.

4) All paid CC members will have access to a select set of archived versions of the desktop apps. Starting with CS6, select older versions of the desktop creative apps will be archived and available for download. Archived versions are provided “as is” and are not updated to work with the latest hardware and software platforms but ensure you can work with legacy versions of file formats and plugins.

5) CC users have up to one year to apply each released update, so if you have a reason to hold off (for example waiting for a plugin to become compatible) that's fine.

6) If you stop paying the subscription then of course your software stops working. Any files you have stored in the Cloud above the free 2GB limit will need to be downloaded before they're erased, and bundled packages such as ProSite will be closed (unless you pay separately). The rules on expiry of font licenses are more complex, details will be posted on Adobe's website before launch.

7) Moving forward, the 'CC' brand is fixed. There won't be "CC2" next year, etc. - but each product retains its internal version numbering system so users (and plugins) can tell which build they're running.

8) There are no announcements about the enterprise product ranges (LiveCycle, Media Server, etc.) - you can assume they remain the same in terms of licensing.

1. cordwainer 1
      FAIL

Re: Some clarifications

"If you stop paying the subscription then of course your software stops working."

That statement as a whole, and the phrase "your software", are mutually exclusive. If it's my software, it should go on working for as long as my hardware and OS are compatible with it.

If nothing else, this makes a subscription-only model untenable. As others have pointed out, businesses and individuals will not be able to access or use old files created with the subscription-only software that has stopped working.

I have lost count of the number of clients who go back to files from years ago and need to make changes to them for some newer purpose.

Being unable to do this makes a mockery of the entire concept of "backup" in general, and again simply makes "your software" a, well, direct lie.

End users need some control over their tools and the products created with those tools. Adobe is taking away as much control as possible, and all control under some circumstances.

Sorry, but I can't see how this is anything but a "lose/lose" situation over a period of more than, say 5 years. And 5 years is NOT that long a time. Good luck being able to do anything with "your" files in 10 years, as you actually can now.

17. Gary 24
    Trollface

It would be interesting...

To see how many people learn the CS suite via bootleg's or dodgy old copies that go on to Pay full whack when they use it in their jobs / make some money....

Adobe risk eliminating the casual starter who would have learnt the tools this way and therefore the knowledgebase would disappear making Adobe products either less attractive in business or push the price of hiring Adobe Pro's up in the future.

Seems like a chance for other companies to up their ante.... I wonder if this was a reason Apple has started to once again push Final Cut ?

18. yossarianuk
    Linux

Adults use opensource

So they actually have control on their products.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Adults use opensource @yossarianuk

How many of them told you that, kid?

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'It's NOT what it looks like!'

One of these days, Adobe is going to come home and find me in bed with Ubuntu and Lightworks.

Oh yeah, and a GIMP in the corner.

1. cordwainer 1
      Happy

Re: 'It's NOT what it looks like!'

Pervert

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another angle

Lot of big vendors are increasingly moving to complex licensing schemes that introduce a level of inscrutability into day-to-day ops.

It's mental energy that a lot of creatives just won't indulge in - licensing hasn't been straightforward for a long time - indeed with Redmond issuing 'qualifications' just for understanding the arcana neccesary to jump in, you know it's all gone horribly wrong - and in contempt of the consumer, the cash source.

The reality is most won't move to Ubuntu / GIMP / Lightworks / open-source whatever. They'll be stuck, with gritted teeth. However, this is enough of an insult to at least make them *look* at alternatives. And that can be just as damaging for Adobe.

I'm reminded of that Doctor Who episode with the Prime Minister. 'Doesn't she look old'. All it takes is a push.

21. sleepy

The biggest problem

Adobe goes out of business - so do you. Your business just became an Adobe subsidiary. How much did you get for it?

This could be an opportunity for Apple to rejuvenate their fading pro apps.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The biggest problem

"Adobe goes out of business - so do you"

Not that it's likely to happen, but Adobe's sunset policy is (and always has been) that if they ever go to the wall, they will make the current version of their products freely-available. The same policy applies to any closure of the license servers, which is why DRM-free installers for CS2 were released earlier this year.

22. Hollerith 1

By lucky chance...

I started investigating Inkscape, Pixelmater, etc. last month, as my old copy of Illustrator now isn't recognised by anything fromn this century (yes, that old), and knew I could not afford CS. I wasn't especially motivated, but Adobe has kick-started my avid interest. I use PS constantly at work as a web designer, and PS and Illustrator at home for charity things (websites, publications). I can't afford a subscription for my personal use. Once I become reasonably proficient in the alternatives, I'll have no reason to ask my company for upgrades. I think my manager will love me when I ask for cheaper stuff. Or let's see how long I can coast on the CS version I have. Probably into the sunset...

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

perfect excuse for leaving Adobe behind

I've loved Adobe Products since the late 80s when I was running the first version of Adobe Illustrator. It is now 25 years later and I have to say this will make me move away from Adobe products - and here is why:

Over the years there have been good times and bad times. During the good times I happily upgraded my products. But when times were tough I kept hold of versions and skipped a version. So I jumped from CS3 to CS5 example because I could not justify the expense at the time.

I have no problem with paying for Creative Cloud - so long as it will continue working without upgrades if I decide to skip paying for a year.

However my understanding is that this is not the case - and if I stop paying after year one - I have no software.

For me that is a step backwards and I am incorporating that purchasing model into my business as we lose control.

Illustrator and Photoshop are the 2 core products we need - and this sounds like we'll be using CS6 for years to come. By which time we'll move away from Adobe if they are continuing to treat software as a utility rather than a product.

Hey Adobe, just like movies - I like to be able to rent sometimes. But I do want the choice of buying my favourite movies so I don't keep needing to pay when I know I'm going to watch it 100 times.

good bye and farewell Adobe.

24. Gordon861

Stop at CS6

I expect most pro users/companies will just stop upgrading at version 6 and continue to use that for the future.

If there are new features that are needed in the new versions they will just do a single login/subscription that the whole office can use.

1. regreader2011
      FAIL

Re: Stop at CS6

That's certainly what I will do -- stop at the last version that comes with a perpetual license. Of course, that means that I also have to be more careful about updating anything else -- obviously the O/S out of fear of compatibility issues, but also things like Lightroom which interact with Photoshop.

Also, given that I know that *eventually* there'll be some incompatibility I can no longer avoid (e.g., old computer dies and new hardware only runs an incompatible O/S), that sure gives me an incentive to gradually move my workflow off Adobe products entirely. Sigh, I'd rather not have to go through that hassle... but I will *not* have my files held ransom by a corporation.

25. Fuzzy Duck
    WTF?

gimp? really?

gimp - what a joke, truly awful software trying to compete with the king. if you can't afford photoshop, then you shouldn't be allowed to use it...

1. sjsmoto

Re: gimp? really?

I'm already not using Photoshop because I can't afford it. And I'm not using GIMP as some sort of political statement. It just happens to work for what I need. Is that not allowed?

I should also mention that I like KompoZer because it provides what I need over Onenote. Should I feel bad for being productive with that software as well?

2. El Zed

Re: gimp? really?

'gimp - what a joke, truly awful software trying to compete with the king.'

Ok, I suspect you're trolling, but feck it, I'll bite.

At work, we have CS4 Installed on all the Win7 boxes (the Mac has CS5, I think - which should give you an indication of how often it gets used).

So guess what pixel editor gets used most?, yup, Gimp.

Oh sure, Photoshop still gets used for those jobs that Gimp just cant quite seem to manage (usually manipulation of photos for things like transfer printing), everything else, Gimp is the first port of call.

This wasn't deliberate, there was no edict along the lines of 'for task X thou shalt use Gimp forsaking all other graphics software..' it's the way things have developed over the past couple of years.

'the king'?

'.. You do not mean so much to me, Nor that crown upon your head ..'

26. Wild Bill
    Joke

I've always felt my lead pencil didn't have enough input lag

27. andy 45
    Thumb Up

pxlr

I know quite a few people who are happy using the free Pxlr software rather than Photoshop.

http://pixlr.com

Seems quite well-featured.

28. All names Taken
    Paris Hilton

On the other hand?

Okay - I get the general drift towards negativity in the 4 pages of postings so far.

This is a non-Adobe sponsored attempt to find positive things associated with CC.

Maybe employers/businesses with creative needs cannot be sure how many seats it needs with access to Creative Suite type software.

And sure, wile things are turning down in traditional end of elite market (Europe, USA, Brit empire, ... ) the new emerging areas (BRICK) might find rental solutions better than full product price?

Maybe the rental model is helpful to some and yes! it does seem frustratingly unhelpful to others.

Bring back Creature House Expression (especially the Acrylic betas?)

Just to repeat: I ain't no Adobe payee but something must be behind Adobe's move - maybe marketing to organisations rather than to end users?

1. cordwainer 1

Re: On the other hand?

Yes, any number of posters have already noted the same potentially positive points you did. A subscription model is wonderful for a lot of businesses and individuals. It simply isn't wonderful for everyone.

The negative reactions all seem to be an objection to being shoved against the wall with only one option: buy a subscription, or going forward you won't be able to use the software at all without one. Stop paying monthly, and "your" software will stop working.

(BTW, I have to ask: what is the difference between marketing to "organisations" and "end users"? The "end user" is the entity using the software, whether the entity is a group or an individual. That comment doesn't seem to make sense - could you clarify?)

1. All names Taken

Re: On the other hand?

I was thinking along lines of:

corporate customer (a business user with some flexible demands on its software users depending upon business)

end user: individual purchasing software for personal use rather than commercial-business related use.

So, for example, I could use my word processing application on an end user type arrangement to reply to my council using their word processing application on a commercial use purchase basis.

Adobe don't usually make mistakes or costly mistakes otherwise it would not have the farm it presently holds?

29. CatW
    Alien

Cash HemoRage

FireFox has taken a large chunk of the browser world so why not stop bickering and get pissed off developpers and games programmers together and make an uber open source alternative to PS.

Do you really need that de-blur tool, or would you rather employ a photographer with a tripod instead of a trampoline?

Come on people, our fathers won wars and we fall apart because we can use pirat, err, 'learning' editions of software anymore.

30. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Value for money

I calculate that the subscription is (a) not value for money: it is at 3 times more than what I pay now, 5 times USA prices (b) ties me into a rental contract when I want to own my software and control the cost.

For many people who do not work for a big company, buying software is a big consideration, especially with the recession on. I have several pieces of software that I have stopped upgrading, because the publisher thinks that adding 15% of new features (5% worth having), is worth paying 60% of the original price.

But I continue to use old software, because it does not cost me any extra. I'm still using Acrobat Pro v9.5. There's about 2 new features I would like, but they are not worth £200 to me (and it doesn't help that the upgrade cost in the usa is $200, about £130).

So perhaps I upgrade once every 3 years. Today it would cost £200, or £200/36=£6/month (in the USA £130/36=£3.60). Or I subscribe for £17.50 per month, nearly three times the cost.

31. sisk

Uh huh. Nice Adobe. Have fun with that.

Tell me when you find a way for me to use it when I'm offline. Till then I'll be over here using Gimp. It may be a pain in the arse, but it's less so than having to be online to edit my graphics.

32. Redsyrup
    FAIL

AODRM Draconian Overlords

Our company bought one of these CC Licenses because it made sense at the time. I wouldn't support these practices otherwise. Give us back our offline rights Adobe!

33. Marcus Fil
    WTF?

Clouded judgement

So I run a fully licensed PS CS5 Extended under Snow Leopard Server via Parallels because some extremely expensive add-ons won't run in my fully licensed PC CS6 Extended under Mountain Lion. Sometimes I work in bunkers, sometimes in deserts, sometimes both. I haven't got time to *rse around wondering if and when my s/w wants to call mummy. FFS Adobe grow a brain or pass quietly into history.

34. John F***ing Stepp

I used to go to software flea markets and buy abandonware

And sometimes I would require an internet connection to use the software.

An internet connection that no longer existed because the only links existed in the "After Cloud" and was only available to "internet mediums".

Which since "internet mediums" don't exist means I bought a cheap "box of rocks".

Adobe had best hope that Gimp and Gimp2 never become replacements or that people will not decide to get by with MSpaint.

And if I used Adobe, I would be on a scramble for a replacement,just in case.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like