back to article The Register Android App

This app is no longer available Android logo

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Phew!

Does El Reg ever read user reviews on Google Play? This app has the stinkiest I've ever seen - bar chart all 1s. Time to pull it and fire the developer I'd say.

Gold badge
Facepalm

Font size.

Having an adjustable font size for reading - 10/10

Not having that adjustment apply to the text in the article list, so you still can't see which article you'd like to read - 0/10

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Silver badge

the update doesnt do anything better

I just recieved an update from Google play. Installed it and prayed, same problems....

(Written by Reg staff)

Re: the update doesnt do anything better

What are you running it on Khaptain?

Pint

I'm not saying that apps can't be nice but..

Am I alone in thinking that (maybe) a week of playing with the @media selector and a handful of tablets and phones for testing (or simply resizing the browser window) and the app would be made entirely unnecessary? I mean, yes, on some sites the layout is hopeless, but this is the reg, the basic page design is a natural for simple CSS restyling.

Or I suppose you could make an app. Hey it's not my money. It's certainly more *fun* to make an app. Although in that case I'd be inclined to include some fun third-party frameworks with flashy transitions etc.

Trollface

Will there be a Symbian version for my old Nokia N8?

Actually, one point I'd make about the mobile website is that it displays articles as a single page even when the desktop version has them split up into individual pages. Deliberate decision, a bug with the CMS or something else?

Err

Whatever it is they should leave it that way, it's the best way. I like the mobile site. The app is junk. The developers of the app are a joke. Writing an RSS reader on Android is easy, writing one for a single specific feed should be an order of magnitude easier.

Trollface

Ironic

Register, an IT site that (righty) bangs on about Government wasting Billions on big software projects.

Left a bit..........up a bit............foot in sights......shoot.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017