back to article British judge: Say you're sorry Apple... this time like you MEAN it

Apple was told to apologise properly to Samsung by three British judges at the UK Court of Appeals this morning. Judge Robin Jacob reprimanded Apple for putting up an "incorrect" and "non-compliant" statement about the patent lawsuit and said it had 48 hours to publish a better one. In line with a court order from July, Apple …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Bronek Kozicki
        Thumb Up

Re: Court of Appeal ruling in Samsung v Apple

Thank you, thank you for the link!

Obviously I have no relevant experience, but I never though that judicial decision can be such a refreshing read!

1. Epimetheus

Please try a different search

Go to Apple's website. Enter "samsung apology" in the Search box.

The results:

No results were found. Please try a different search.

Says it all really. Or perhaps I'm holding it wrong?

2. David 45

Extradite

Let's see if the infamous extradition agreement works in the opposite direction. 'Bout time we started to impose OUIR laws on the Yanks to see how they like it.

3. heyrick Silver badge
    WTF?

Wait a mo...

From the Apple website (date/time as of this post):

"On 25 October 2012, Apple Inc. published a statement on its UK website in relation to Samsung's Galaxy tablet computers. That statement was inaccurate and did not comply with the order of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales. The correct statement is at Samsung/Apple UK judgement."

Dunno 'bout you, but I don't see an apology, just a statement that the last ramble wasn't what the court wanted... skating on thin ice, no?

4. AJR37
    Facepalm

Proud of British judges

I'm very proud of our judges, and that's a rare thing!

Not only have they acted with speed and knowledge in this case, but they also created the argument that Apple is cool and Samsung not cool. Amazingly Apple decided to fight that judgement rather than accepting it and enjoying the comparison.

5. AJR37
    Holmes

Apple UK auto resizes front page to hide "apology"

Wow!

Apple UK website now automatically resizes itself to push the statement off the home screen. Technical way of complying with the judge whilst not complying. Challenge to UK law - US technical letter of law applies or UK common law test applies?

Story appearing in Reddit

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like