back to article Suspected drug dealer who refused to poo for 46 DAYS released... on bail

A suspected drug dealer's bowels have won out over Essex cops after he was released from custody by resisting the urge to poo for 46 days. Lamarr Chambers, 24, was arrested in the UK town of Harlow, in Essex, on 17 January for failing to stop his car and on suspicion of intent to supply Class A drugs, which cops believed he …

Page:

1. Marketing Hack Silver badge
    Holmes

I can't believe!

That I am the first to use this very appropo icon during this thread!

1. DanceMan
      Thumb Up

Re: I can't believe!

Bravo, Mr Hack!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It will all come out in the end...

At the hospital the drugs may all come out the end and he could be convicted as he should be. Stating that this crim is full of it would be 100% accurate.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Positive

Banged up in Police cells for 45 days - he should at least be clear of his habit (assuming he was a user as well as a pusher.) With the amount of illicit drugs available to fuel an addict in jail, this is probably the easiest way to get clean.

Having a once-a-week toilet habit thanks to cauda equine after a back injury, I can assure you that it won't be coming easily!

4. Anonymous South African Coward Silver badge

"Bother" said Pooh as he was evicted most forcefully.

5. Steve Kerr

Out then in again

So, according to police, we was released from police custody on legal and medical advice.

He was immediately rearrested on intent to supply class A drugs and taken to hospital.

Moments of freedom!

6. AgeingBabyBoomer

Imagine his disappointment when he discovers that the Class A drugs turn out to have been nothing more than Imodium.

7. myhandler

So how were they going to get the incriminating evidence?

Do all cells have filter trough outlets on the WCs?

Who gets to go though it - PC Stool Pigeon?

1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

I assume that police cells aren't fitted with undetectable evidence-disposal outlets.

I think that an episode of a moderately authentic British police drama "The Bill" (slang for police) featured a man arrested drunk who was, I don't know, just shut in a cell to sober up. The prisoner then claimed to have had money stolen by a young police officer. Exactly how what follows arose I don't remember, but it turned out that the prisoner had stuffed his money down the cell toilet, which he then used, copiously. The young police officer then was told off about proper handling of a prisoner and their personal property.

That does imply that a prisoner normally wouldn't get to take their evidence into a cell to dispose of it, anyway. The case we're talking about would have been an exception.

2. collinsl

Depends on the custody suite, but most of the time they disable the toilet in the cell (or put them in a cell which has no toilet) and provide the prisoner with a commode, which an officer then has to sort through with gloves and a spoon or similar.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Most cell toilets I know of today are either reversible or have flush traps.

8. unwarranted triumphalism

Anyone suspected of involvement in drugs is fair game.

9. Luiz Abdala
    Coat

No man needs to hold...

... if they are not full of shit.

10. sbd

Not class A drugs...

...it's clearly Chamber pot

{amazed noone used the pun already}

11. f4ff5e1881
    Happy

The End Game

When he finally manages to go, I hope the policeman standing next to him says, “Hello, hello, hello. What’s all this then?”

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019