back to article Man prosecuted for posting a picture of his hobby on Facebook

A man was prosecuted for posting a picture of himself on Facebook posing with airsoft equipment. Christopher Turnbull, of Grangemouth, Scotland, was charged with a criminal offence for posting the picture, which was seen by a Stuart Brodie of Police Scotland. The 45-year-old was eventually cleared at Falkirk Sheriff Court ( …

Page:

1. TonyJ

Re: TonyJ

Diodesign..surely it "was" a sensitive case? He was cleared.I could understand if it were an ongoing case.

Sad state when the veracity and capability of our police forces can't be questioned after even a judge has made comments about things like the handling of evidence.

1. Kiwi

Diodesign..surely it "was" a sensitive case? He was cleared.I could understand if it were an ongoing case.

Possibly something around the accused-now-cleared seeking compensation?

1. TonyJ

"...Possibly something around the accused-now-cleared seeking compensation?..."

Doubt it - nothing commented was outside of what you could read on any other newspaper site.

Hey ho. I don't want El Reg getting into any hotwater. It was idle curiosity.

1. Kiwi
      Thumb Up

Hmm..seems to have been some very heavy handed moderation going on here.

I've had the same as dio mentions in his(?) response from someone else at El Reg. While I'm a bit saddened that my best upvotes post has gone (though I still have the overall votes tally), I do understand and support the reasons I've been given. I've had at least a half a dozen of my own posts removed and a few never made it past moderation.

Given the current UK political climate, they probably do sometimes have to rein some of us in! :)

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Read this and now google are advertising Guns on my home page

This is the only time ever, i have even seen the word Airsoft on the internet and now google + think its ok to put adverts for airsoft guns on my google search page (yes, i am signed into google).

Does this mean that GCHQ and possibly the Scottish police are going to come after me?

Are the news stories we read and the automated ads that result going to be the "evidence" used to hang us?

Obviously i have tried to contact google, but they are known for using robots (human ones) to reply. Google play store drones don't compute the term "delete" when you want to remove an app from the play store.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon