back to article Paris nightclub red-faced after booze-for-boobs offer exposed

Bar staff at a nightclub in Paris have hit upon a two-for-one idea to boost custom by promising female patrons that dare to bare their boobs a small, free drink. Wanderlust, an open-air club billed on TripAdvisor as the best in the French capital by one punter, displayed a sign that stated "tits = shots". It was spotted, …

Page:

1. EveryTime

Unless things have changed in the past few years, Polaroid film isn't Polaroid any more. It's a work-alike clone that is expensive and infamously inconsistent.

You used to be able to buy old stock kept in cold storage. It was expensive and still a dice roll.

1. Adrian 4

You know that polaroid have reinvented instant cameras as digital-camera+printer ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polaroid-Z2300-Digital-Instant-Camera/dp/B008GVXL1A

2. hellwig

Soooo confused.

Are women allowed to own and be proud of their bodies? Or are they supposed to be ashamed and hide their bodies for fear of what effect they have on un-controllable men?

Isn't France the same country where so many towns are trying to ban burqa's and burqini's? Do they want women to expose themselves or not?

Seriously France, get your shit together.

3. AdamWill
    Joke

as if

"It is not clear what sort of punishment the staff will receive, but given the bar is in Paris, it might involve being forced to be pleasant to customers for a whole year. Sacré bleu!"

Any self-respecting Parisian member of the service industry would choose the death penalty over that.

4. W. Anderson

Limit to blaming bar staff

While to offer of free drinks for popping boobs may have a tait of sexism for most, the female making complaint could not, and any circumstances blame rthe bar should the participating women drink excessively, since these women are responsible for their own behavior., whether exposing their tits for Free drink or over indulging.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Reminds me of a cafe in Oxford in probably 1976.

During a spell of very hot weather the female owner banned topless men. Her argument was that women weren't allowed to be topless there by public opinion or law - so men shouldn't be allowed either.

I once threw a Vicars & Tarts party (definitely no longer PC) for people from the office. It was interesting the amount of licence the women took in their outfits - especially those who had been regarded as rather prim and proper.

On an earlier occasion I had a flat warming party. The next door neighbour was renowned as being a prim battle-axe who always complained about younger residents' behaviour - but I invited her out of courtesy. The flat had just been renovated - and on the carpet was one of the popular goat skin rugs. To the amazement of the assembled company the neighbour made a bee-line for it - and gave a very sultry impression of Eartha Kitt singing "Old Fashioned Millionaire".

An invitation to a friend's birthday fancy dress party was accompanied by a warning that one of the neighbours pulled mens' trousers down after she had had a few drinks. I went in a grass skirt with "warpaint" on my body. At some point someone jokingly asked what make were my briefs - so I took them off - having a G-string under them. The woman was then encouraged by the company to take my G-string off. It became obvious that pissed as she was - the public challenge and my neutral stance - voided the kick she would normally have sought. .

6. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Mushroom

Who cares

Seriosuly I would pay for anyone offended by this to have his teeth loosended,

The "IMMA OFFENDED!!" clown circus must come to end, by force or more force.

It's fucking time, where is my Dodge Ram?

7. crediblywitless

There's an episode of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" about this.

8. Bandikoto

I can imagine the casual chat Management had with the barmen

"Good job lads, but next time, ixnay on the ignsay." However you say that in French.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

However you say that in French.

Bof!

9. IceC0ld

"Hmm.. at one time, those who where "lefties" were left-handed."

Still are AFAICT. They're a SINISTER lot and need to be downvoted at every opportunity!

oh well played LOL

old school Latin lessons DO come in handy :o)

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like