back to article Welcome to the Wipe House: President Trump shreds climate change, privacy, LGBT policies on WhiteHouse.gov

With Donald Trump taking over the presidency Friday morning, a different type of transition has also taken place: a digital transition. A novel approach was taken with respect to the Twitter accounts of the president, vice-president and first lady: the accounts were both retained and cloned to new accounts – if you followed @ …

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder at work

It's unclear whether Trump recognizes the constitutional limits that exist on a president's power and what powers Congress holds – or maybe he does and doesn't care

You mean like Odarme running the country by executive order as a way to bypass the two houses?

2. bombastic bob Silver badge
      Happy

"so long as he receives populist applause at every event."

You forgot that the _REAL_ 'Narcisist in Chief' was OBAKA! Wait until his "legacy" gets BLOWED UP and POPPED like a cheap balloon over the coming few weeks...

I'm looking FORWARD to it! [starting with that ECONOMY KILLER, 'OBAKACARE']

1. David Nash Silver badge
        WTF?

"OBAKA" etc...

There seems to be a problem with your caps lock, not to mention the spell checker.

1. Mr Flibble
    Trollface

The Wipe House? Do they sell bog roll there?

1. John H Woods Silver badge

Bog Roll

like this, perhaps? Not sure it would give you that "Andrex feeling of clean"

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Pint

LOLZ

In his inaugural address, Trump did make occasional efforts to promote a policy of inclusion, but he still couldn't resist pitching people against people. He pitched the American people against the Congress men and women who sat behind him, arguing that "today we are not merely transferring power from one Administration to another, or from one party to another – but we are transferring power from Washington, DC, and giving it back to you, the American People."

It's been a long time past that Congress has been working for the American people.

Whether this will change is anyone's guest.

Meanwhile, "fire at will", but beware the Deep State. Better keep away from grassy knolls.

3. Mike 16

whois obamawhitehouse.org

NOT FOUND

I suspect that _when_ this domain is registered, it will belong to Breitbart.

Also that this "quick exit" was not POTUS44's idea, or he (well, his minions) would have registered the domain before publicizing it.

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
      Pirate

Re: whois obamawhitehouse.org

Dumping all of Obaka's "legacy" off of the white house web pages ON THE NEXT DAY is an obvious message: We're gonna UNdo that "legacy" ASAP. Starting with the executive orders, then Obaka-care, then the failed policies of basically ALLOWING illegal immigration, and so on - say buh-bye!

And don't forget those RIDICULOUS policies regarding "climate change" (not MAN made at ALL), and all of that FAVORITISM towards "protected classes" of people - you know, anyone who's NOT a straight white male. (just like Demo-rats to divide everyone up into manipulatable groups and pander to them, anyway). I have a thought: just treat LBGT{whatever} people as PEOPLE. Why does any one group need "special resources" on the whitehouse.gov site ANYWAY?

But if you want to see all of that again, you don't need to worry. Obaka will get his archive (we need it 'out there' as an example of what FAIL is, after all). Didn't the article say it would temporarily be on obamawhitehouse.archive.gov until the new domain is registered, etc. ??

1. johndrake7

Re: whois obamawhitehouse.org

このところのバカはあなたでしょう。。。

4. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Devil

This is why Trump!

I'll be unembarrassedly old-fashioned here: It is profoundly depressing and vulgar to hear an American president proclaim "America First."

— Bill Kristol (@BillKristol) January 20, 2017

1. skeptical i
      Meh

Re: This is why Trump!

Not sure if "America prevails!" would have been an improvement, but might have been more easily grok'ed by younger voters.

2. dalethorn

Kristol, Feith, Perle, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Cheney - all Neocons who called for 9/11 four years in advance in the PNAC document, and thanks to their "lucky" stars they were able to murder 3000 people at Ground Zero, then subvert the Bill of Rights on their way to murdering a few million folks in the Middle East. PNAC and Neocons are a death-wish for the world, and Kristol sits at the top.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

If the Federal govt was behind a plan to blow up the WTC, there would now be three towers

5. Boris the Cockroach Silver badge
    Mushroom

"sad depletion of US military"

Is that the same one that has 11 carrier battlegroups to the rest of the worl'd 6 or 7(if we include our 2 1/2 finished ones)

Or the same us army that told congress "we dont need another 100 abrams tanks" but they got given them anyway

or the same air force that has enough firepower to defeat any 1 nation on the planet then bomb it flat

or 20 boomers(ballistic missle subs) each can be armed with over 200 nukes each

or

or

or

lets face it.... is it sane to use a 2 billion dollar aircraft carrying a 1 million dollar bomb , flown by a 120 000 dollar/yr pilot aiming at some guy in a 500 dollar pickup holding a 20 dollar rifle?

And to all the nay sayers I'll add this

read 1984 and what it says about perpetual war

1. Blank Reg

Re: "sad depletion of US military"

US Military spending could be cut in half, and it would still be more than any country in the world. More importantly, it wouldn't have any effect on the security of the country. But that will never happen because that would mean the end of all those very expensive make-work military projects that congress and the senate use to appease their voters.

A huge military like that is unnecessary unless you're planning on invading some large nation, perhaps one that likes their vodka a little too much :)

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: "sad depletion of US military"

US military spending is vital.

Think how fscked the rest of the world would be if the US spent all that money on education, research or infrastructure. It's like finding out your main competitor has just spent $Bn on art for it's corporate HQ.

6. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Does Trump know about the limits of Presidential power.

No.

Does he care.

No.

Does he think that having a Republican majority in both houses automatically means they will do what he says.

Yes.

Will they.

No.

Can we look forward to world class pacifier ejection events.

Definitely.

1. Mike Echo

Re: Does Trump know about the limits of Presidential power.

"Can we look forward to world class pacifier ejection events."

Here, have an upvote.

It will be interesting keeping an eye on the website http://www.track-trump.com/ which will simply keep track of promises kept or broken in the first 100 days. I am certainly no fan of Donald Trump but there is no law against voting for an imbecile. Or against imbeciles voting, for that matter.

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
        Go

From http://www.track-trump.com/

Propose a constitutional amendment that imposes term limits on all members of Congress.

A five-year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.

A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

Personally I actually think these would improve the USG. Let's see which (if any) get implemented.

Re: From http://www.track-trump.com/

>Propose a constitutional amendment that imposes term limits on all members of Congress.

So reformers (trouble makers) can be just ignored and will go away. The others won't have time to learn the ins-outs and so will be dependent on "special advisers"

>A five-year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.

I'm not a lobbyist I just have occasional lunches with people. Or I am a consultant

>A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

So would they be allowed to lobby on behalf of BRITISH Petroleum? What about Gasprom? What's the difference between Gasprom lobbying against sanctions and Putin doing it?

>A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

Including foreign companies? what about US companies with any foreign owners? So no public companies can donate money

>Personally I actually think these would improve the USG. Let's see which (if any) get implemented.

I think they would all make lots of money for compliance lawyers, consultants and advisers

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
            Unhappy

">Propose a constitutional amendment that imposes term limits on all members of Congress."

Limiting the ability of new members to say "Hook up with and I'll look after you for the rest of my life."

Limiting the ability of existing members to threaten new members with "You cross me and I'll f**k you up forever on every vote."

Requiring parties to consider accession planning when that term come to an end.

>A five-year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.

Lunches at this level should definitely be on the official calendar. If it looks like a lobbyist and behaves like a lobbyist..

>A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

No problem as British Petroleum no longer exists (and hasn't for decades). Now had you said BAE...

>A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

Sounds good to me. After all isn't it people who elect candidates? Or does "personhood" of public companies extend to them making campaign donations and getting a vote? How is that vote decided? CEO, Majority stockholder? Stockholder ballot? Board ballot?

Here's the thing. Trump is not the disease. Trump is the symptom. BAU produced Trump.

I don't like the man. I don't trust him and I wouldn't vote for him. Hence we'll see if it's all talk or wheather he will actually change anything for the better. I'm sure he will change things.

But a large part of the US voting population felt that conventional candidates would rather look after themselves than their voters.

Both parties should look at that and ask why voters think that.

Here's an idea. Maybe the voters are right and the system has encouraged career politicians who view the taxpayers money as their own. Who've never had a job, just a political life style. Who first and last question is "What's in it for me/my main contributors/my party (in that order. No voters don't count)?"

Let me repeat. The system is ill. Trump is a symptom. I don't think he's the cure either.

I'm not sure that BAe is a front for the UK govt so much as the UK govt is a front for BAe

2. dalethorn

Re: Does Trump know about the limits of Presidential power.

Everyone you don't like is an ________ (insert troll word), and after all, we surely MUST accept that the track-Trump website will be truthful, just like the Communist News Network. Umm, no, what a load of BS. Next....

7. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Trump 45th POTUS

This will not end well.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Trump 45th POTUS

It will all end in tears [and gnashing of teeth].

2. Warm Braw

Re: Trump 45th POTUS

Perhaps prophetically, the words to the tune of his "first dance" start with "And now, the end is near...".

8. Stumpy

... and so the rewriting and expunging of history begins.

9. dmacleo

http://www.snopes.com/white-house-web-site-trump-changes

On 17 January 2017, WhiteHouse.gov issued an announcement explaining the digital transition that would take place on Inauguration Day. For instance, all of the messages posted by Barack Obama under the @POTUS handle on Twitter were transferred to a new @POTUS44 account, giving Donald Trump the opportunity to take over the previous presidential Twitter account @POTUS.

In the same way, the content related to the Obama administration on WhiteHouse.gov was migrated to a new web site, ObamaWhiteHouse.Archives.gov:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/

1. dalethorn

Snopes has been exposed as disinformation. Check out their nasty divorce and accusations against each other. Besides being confirmed Lefties.

Snopes is a front for the CIA, it was on snopes.com

10. Captain Badmouth
    Thumb Up

The front cover of the year

http://i3.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article12482483.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/don-walesonline.jpg

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Re: The front cover of the year

Now that, that is terrifying.

2. dalethorn

Re: The front cover of the year

What an awesome photo! Libs and snowflakes leave the room!

11. Unicornpiss
    Meh

May you live in interesting times..

It's amazing and disturbing how the mere mention of Trump is divisive in every nation and culture. People clash on El Reg's forums every day, but this is a British IT site (with admittedly wide readership) and I've never seen such bitterness and wide swings of polar opinions, nor posts with dozens of both upvotes and downvotes for the same post. I never thought I'd see violent protests in DC at a president's inauguration. It's kind of unheard of and scary.

I also didn't vote for the man. I don't think he understands that the world is round, we all live in it, and what goes around comes around. I hope he realizes this sooner rather than later. We are in a global economy, we're all humans, and we're all in this together. Life doesn't have to be and shouldn't be one tribe beating another with rocks and sticks to grab all the bounty it can and retreat to its walled garden. This worldview is short-sighted at best and scares the hell out of me. I feel that if anyone will bring misery, ruin, and apocalypse to the world, it will be Trump, and hope with all my being this doesn't come to pass. It's amazing to me that he hasn't even been in office one full day and there are protests, violence, and people at each other's throats that normally would have only friendly rivalry for each other.

1. Captain Badmouth
      Happy

Re: May you live in interesting times..

"I feel that if anyone will bring misery, ruin, and apocalypse to the world, it will be Trump"

Donald Johann Drumpf 666.

Why the hell not, another conspiracy theory to throw out there.

1. Captain Badmouth
        Coat

I see I've got a thumb down.

Well, I want to see his birth certificate....

Mine's the one with a copy of the Book of Revelations in the pocket, thanks....

1. dalethorn

Certainly he has a real birth certificate. Unfortunately, the forensics guys showed that the posted copy was photoshopped.

1. David Nash Silver badge
            Facepalm

There actually *is* such a thing as the objective truth.

However if you just cry "fake" at everything you disagree with or think should not be the case, then nothing will ever be believed and we might as well all (on all sides) give up now.

2. dalethorn

Too bad you missed the lessons on robotic disinformation. Professional trolls make 10 guys look like 10 thousand with the modern digital tools at their disposal. Get over it, and watch actual Trump videos for the in-person truth. Not the CNN-edited videos BTW.

1. HausWolf

So I take it you are an amateur troll then?

12. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Joke

On a lighter note. I wonder what his Secret Service code name is

In "In The Line of Fire" it's "Traveler."

I thought "Nelly" (the elephant packed her Trump) but that seems a bit whimsical for the SS.

"Storm Trooper" is a bit long on the radio. "Trooper" not quite senior enough.

"Siegfried" is maybe a bit Wagnerian (and I'm not sure how many have seen Django Unchained).

Perhaps they should just cut the subtlety and refer to him on radio as "The Leader."

1. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

Re: On a lighter note. I wonder what his Secret Service code name is

How about "Thunder"?

As in "A Sound of Thunder"

2. Captain Badmouth
      Coat

"I thought "Nelly" seems a bit whimsical for the SS.

"Storm Trooper" is a bit long on the radio.

"Siegfried" is maybe a bit Wagnerian"

I can see where you're going with this....

mine's the one with the newly published Mein Kampf in the pocket

1. Pompous Git Silver badge

mine's the one with the newly published Mein Kampf in the pocket
        That wouldn't be Hilary's copy would it? Hers seems to have gone missing...

1. Captain Badmouth

Two L's in Hillary.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Perhaps it's "Douchebag"..

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"SAD!"

(Secure America's Donald)

13. sisk

Wait....so part of the transition plan was to create thousands of dead link simultaneously on a site that should reasonably be expecting its highest traffic rates in 4 years at the time?

I try, I really really do, but it's getting harder to be optimistic about the next four years.

14. dalethorn

It is interesting to see so much disinformation and trolling regarding Trump, on a U.K. site. But then again, many U.S. residents started reading El Reg before it became a tabloid site, and they haven't gotten unhooked as yet. It's especially interesting to see where the trolls report Trump as the exact opposite of what he says, what his platforms and programs are, the friends he keeps, and his track record in business. Beware, innocent readers, of the vast array of nonsense posted here.

1. Slef

If you dislike Our Website so fecking much why don't you just Fuck Off and waste your time elsewhere?

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like