back to article Skin colour's irrelevant. Just hire competent folk on their merits, FFS

I note from a technical publication of repute that Microsoft has announced that marriage equality is a fundamental and core value for the company itself. To which, OK, great, and why not? As I pointed out previously, “taste” discrimination against people because of anything other than their working skills is a costly endeavour …

Page:

1. Christopher Edwards

Sigh.

What a sad article and sad debate this really is.

1. tesmith47

Re: Sigh.

in what sense is it sad,? that there is still a problem?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In Television Engineering terms there is really no difference in the skin colour of different people from different parts of the world. "Colour" being the ratios of the Red, Green and Blue vectors as measured with a colorimeter. The big difference is in the Luminance. In skin types white, yellow, brown and black the ratios of R,G,B are the same! Technically the US term "colored" is IMHO a tremendous howler as the correct term should be "dark".

I did see a coloured person once. He was a young man who had had far too much to drink and his face had turned to a pastel shade of green! Shortly afterwards he vomited over the club's carpet. The club steward was not amused and he resigned shortly afterwards.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like