back to article Lego is the TOOL OF SATAN, thunders Polish priest

Lego has changed, according to a Polish priest, who has warned that newer sets of the popular Danish toy are actually tools of Satan that can destroy children's souls. Lego Monster Fighters Lord Vampyre The sweet yellow bricks of yesteryear are no more, apparently, now that Lego has started producing series of minifigs like …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Silver badge

Bah!

If this clergyman were to change his fixation to GI Joe he would at least stand a chance of getting a (kung fu) grip.

Anonymous Coward

He should watch the LEGO Movie...

... then he'd know that there's no need to worry because EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Apologies to anyone who has watched the LEGO Movie and now has that annoying tune stuck in their head again...

Silver badge

bowdlerisation

In my day, when Humpty Dumpty cracked his shell, not even all the king's horses and all the king's men could put him back together again. The big bad wolf ate Little Red Riding Hood, and even in a tale with a happy ending (Hansel and Gretel), the witch gets burned alive in her own oven. We also played Cowboys and Indians and Cops and Robbers. Nowadays, Humpty Dumpty can be rebuilt, the huntsman saves Little Red Riding Hood (or maybe the wolf only came for tea) and Hansel and Gretel would have been adopted by the kindly witch.

What is this world coming to?

Mushroom

How about a Reg readers' suggestion thread...

...for the most inappropriate idea for a themed Lego kit? If we get enough ideas, perhaps we can petition Lego to put it into production (or perhaps not).

I'd like to see:

Inglourious Basterds Farmhouse set (Complete with removable floorboards, milk jug, pipe, etc.)

Re: How about a Reg readers' suggestion thread...

I'm going for a Prostitute Lego set. Build your own sleazy neighborhood complete with ladies of the night on every street corner, "customers" slowly driving by and pimps in flashy motors at an appropriate distance. Could be a winner

Silver badge
Pirate

This is new?

So the Lego skeletons from a few years back are OK because they're smiling?

I agree with him in the vaguest of ways. I do think lego was nicer before all the smirking attitude faces.

At the very least, he could use the ingenious suggestion from some Perl hackers of a few years ago, and:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/comp.sources.misc/FZqNSnP2s8Q/ZvsZ-9GqcJoJ

XThe name suits the program, in our opinion. If you don't like it,

Xfeel free to call it "SANTA", which is, perhaps, a more user-friendly

Xanagram of the acronym - you can run the repent program if you are

Xreally offended.

Just repent.pl with all your heart, or your bowels of compassion if necessary, and all these Satanic faces become Santaic faces.

Silver badge

Finally I fond a proper use for these 3D Printer thingies... I can just print out my own custom Bricks!

Wonders how long it would take to knock of a few hundred pieces needed to build a Lego Rifle?...

Well that's just silly

po

You may laugh but...

It's easy to mock the good bishop, but remember how all those religious groups that warned against the evils of D&D back in the eighties were proved right by the massive upswing in serial killings, the opening of the hell mouths over Washington, London and Paris, and the plague of demonspawn? Lego are toying with dark forces here.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017