back to article Microsoft secure Azure Storage goes down WORLDWIDE

Microsoft's Windows Azure storage cloud is having worldwide problems with secure SSL storage, probably because Redmond let the HTTPS certificate expire. Being 'in the pink' is not good news for Windows Azure, as this screenshot from the Windows Azure Service Dashboard attests (click to enlarge) The problems were first …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

FAIL

Re: Data Utilities

Yeah, more Government intervention into the net, that's the ticket. It'll be freakin' perfect after the bureaucrats mangle it, censor it and tax it to death.

Remember when Clinton wanted copies of our encryption keys? Obama is writing Executive Orders right now to give him a "Internet Kill Switch" in the name of national security.

I don't know about where you live, but here in the USA, anything the Government touches turns into crap. Expensive, censored, politically correct crap...

Anonymous Coward

Re: Data Utilities

The day that happens is when a massive commercial advantage is handed over to countries that don't have a kill switch.

One day, some politicians will get the point, so I suggest you write your elected representatives and help them understand. Vote out the ones who don't.

Otherwise prepare for Armageddon, at least on a political scale

Holmes

So, just another day at the office...

And the world remains unsurprised.

JDX
Gold badge

Dearie me

Out of interest, have the other big players had similar screw-ups? I know things like gmail have gone down but has the entire google app cloud or EC2 flopped like this?

Maybe it's deliberate ploy by MS to make cloudy computing generally look bad so everyone stays with desktop computers, running Windows :)

FAIL

Once again I see my anti-MS-cloud stance completely justified...

...as I NEVER trusted this giant Ballmerian spider mess of services, not for a sec - remember the (fittingly named) B(ig)PoS? They had more downtime in one year, and always worldwide than everybody other hosted service provider (Google, Rackspace etc) TOGETHER, UNTIL DATE (years and years)...

...'oooh, Azure/WebOffice/O365/whatever-its-latest-newest-old-product is totally different, it's top-notch now' I heard every single time - and they just KEEP FAILIN' KEEP FAILIN'...

...so while I'm far from happy with Google's weird support I'm still enjoying my CEO's trust because I went with Google Apps Business and never had to deal with HOURS-LONG outages affecting our most critical communication//cloud services, thanks to Google.

Cloud computing is just not secure enough yet.

Anonymous Coward

nothing new here

Anyone remember half the internet going down in April 2011 when EC2 went down for 7 hours? or the Netflix outage on Christmas eve because of AWS problems? Gmail in December 2012? Google Apps in October 2012? AWS in October 2012?

100% uptime doesn't exist. Shit happens.

WTF?

Re: nothing new here

As far as Google goes they *never had* any world- and system-wide *full* outage, at least we've never experienced anything like that (we're in NYC) during the past ~3-4 years, since we switched to GA Business.

Thumb Up

@Eadon

You forgot to set your Interrupt Enable Flags before the ';loop forever' or 'goto 10' stuff. The caps are inspired by amanfrommars by the way - obviously not my own work!

Silver badge
Megaphone

I dedicate this thread to Eadon

He/she must be like a pig-in-poo right now.

Silver badge

Do you Know what Tomorrow will Bring? Have you prepared Anything and/or Everything for Presentation

@AC 17:54 - I'm not here to win a BEAUTY contest, I am here to tell the TRUTH! And THEY CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH …. Eadon Posted Saturday 23rd February 2013 18:08 GMT

There is an added cloudy ingredient in the future azure blue skies thinking mix which is intelligently designed to render confusion and CHAOS to wannabe controllers and Dummy Operating Systems, Eadon, and that is that they don't know what the truth is to be.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017