back to article Apple ships 'completely redesigned' iTunes 11

Apple has released what it modestly deems to be "the best iTunes yet." That would be iTunes 11, which Cupertino touts as having a "dramatically simplified player, a completely redesigned Store, and iCloud features you'll love." When iTunes 11 was previewed on September 12 during the iPhone 5 rollout event in San Francisco, it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

FAIL

Itunes 11 - Apple You B*****DS!

I installed iTunes 11 this afternoon.

I had a well managed iTunes 10 library with lots of playlists, almost all album art imbedded in ID3 tags, and about 120,000 tracks, all properly tagged.

Now I have NO playlists - they've ALL been removed. AARRGGGHHHHH!

Now about half of my library is missing. Now Christmas for example has only 11 tracks rather than 47

I can't find the column browser at all - the one view I used all the time.

It is currently busy "determining gapless playback" for 24,186 tracks and so is slower than a snail on strike

The search box - always one of iTunes' best functions - now keeps asking to search the iTunes store rather than my library.

WHY do they choose to hide the "track number" and "disc number" fields by default? It makes no sense and is totally beyond me.

WHERE is the "total number of tracks/total size" information that used to be handily on show at the bottom of the iTunes window?

All the TV shows that I carefully ripped and labelled in ipod format, with season info and the like - all gone.

And last of all, WHY, in the name of all things holy, does iTunes STILL not have a RESCAN LIBRARY BUTTON to add new media and remove deleted and renamed items? This should have been there on DAY ONE, not still missing 11 versions down the bloody line.

This is the biggest abortion of an update I think I have ever seen in iTunes.

Listen Apple - I WANT MY LIBRARY BACK. I WANT MY PLAYLISTS BACK. YOU ARE A BUNCH OF UTTER, UTTER, UTTER, UTTER.....

Pint

getting the status bar back

"WHERE is the "total number of tracks/total size" information that used to be handily on show at the bottom of the iTunes window?"

OK to answer one of my own fails at least. To get the status bar back you have to.....

1. CTRL+B to bring up the menu bar

2. then view>show status bar to bring it back

Good grief - talk about hidden settings! Without the menu bar you can't access it!

Re: getting the status bar back

Or just ctrl + /

hth

Re: getting the status bar back

I bet all your other stuff is there: try CTRL + S to show the sidebar.....

I've pretty much got it back to how I liked it now: figuring out how to attach new album art took a few minutes though:

go to albums view

right-click -> show Info on the album that needs a cover

Drop a jpg into the Artwork panel on the Multiple Item Information dialog or double click the panel to choose.

Megaphone

and - BRING BACK COVER FLOW!!!!

that is all

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017